Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We made it!

Well we finally made it to Seattle! 2 weeks late (and about $2 short) but nevertheless, we made it! :) We were so excited to see our friends, Doug and Sadie-And Emily too, of course,- But Tucker was excited to see his friend Buddy! :) This poor dog was just picked on and chased around all weekend by Tucker! Buddy was so patient and kind to him though, what a good GOG. (I personally think that it was because Tucker would share whatever he was eating with Buddy, so he endured the torture for the treats) :) We are totally going to have to get this child a dog one day. He hearts them!








We took Tucker for his first trip to the zoo... He loves animals! Unfortunately it was still a little cold outside, and Tucker was tired, he hadn't had a very good nap that morning, and apparently it was nap time for most of the animals too, a lot of them weren't out either. But we made the best of it and all in all, Tucker loved seeing the animals that WERE out. I love the look on his face in these pictures, the elephant came SO close to us when he went to eat those branches. Really cool!









We also discovered Tuckers love for hats. Ben isn't really a hat wearer, so we just discovered this hidden love! :) Tucker wanted to wear Doug's hat all weekend! He actually doesn't like wearing them, just stealing them, and putting them on his head and taking them off, then putting them on again and taking them off again! :)



So my friend Sadie is one talented knitter; and just recently a cute little boutique in Seattle started carrying her hats and mittens. One of the highlights of our weekend, was to check them out on their opening weekend! :) Tucker is even a part of it, he is the face of 'So what baby butt' (that's her brand) His little fat face from last summer is on her tags, and business cards. We were nerds and had to take pictures of them in the boutique! I am so proud of Sadie, I've always enjoyed and loved her knitting, and I hope that everyone else will too! If anyone is interested in getting one, just let me know. If you look closely at the picture of them in the boutique, you can see a tag and that is Tuck! :)
OK, this is getting a lot longer than I had planed... Seattle was a blast, we miss you guys already, Doug & Sadie and Emily! :) I had to add this picture because I love the look on Tuckers face. Here he is with two of his favorite Aunties... Sadie and Em! They know how to spoil him and love on him. And he really does love it too! :)
Thanks for a great weekend guys!

4 comments:

Kiley said...

Hi Taraka - I had just recently been wondering if Seattle had a ZOO. Kora loves animals and Jarom and I think she would go crazy at a Zoo. I'm glad you posted this - good to know!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it there. We just came back a couple of weekends ago! It's so fun, we made a tradition of it!
Tucker is famous now. He is so adorable. I love his chubby cheeks!

Madsen Family said...

I knew Tucker was so cute that one day he would be a model. I am glad that I got my Tucker fix for this week. He just gets cuter and cuter. Too bad NY wasn't a weekend trip away. We would love on Tucker like nobody's business......

Michael and Brinn said...

Looks like you had a blast in Seattle. Do you guys go often? Tucker is so cute. I love that he has your eyes!Your friend rocks and knitting hats. She's good.