Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The little man's birthday...

Well, he's not so little anymore!!! And I can NOT believe that I have a THREE year old!!!
After last years' craziness, we decided to go low key this year! :) My mom came up from Walla Walla, my dad had just gotten home from Alaska, and so we decided to do a little family get together at Chuck-e-Cheese. I was going to invite friends, but Tuckers BFF, Carter was out of town anyway, so it was mainly just family. Carly came for a little while to play at Chuck-e-Cheese but that was about it! And Tucker didn't really even care. He was happy just being there! :)
Ben and I woke him up that morning singing to him and my parents were in the living room waiting with balloons and muffins and doughnuts for him to come out.
Tuckers B-day 09 291
He was so happy when he came around the corner and we were all singing and had little noise makers! :)
(it's not like he likes to be the center of attention or anything!) :)
Tuckers B-day 09 301
He got to blow out THREE candles, open up some cards that had come from him and open up one present. (I think we could have called it a day after that, because he was so happy!) :) But we had already planned the Chuck-e-Cheese part, and so he knew we were going there and we couldn't NOT go there! :)
Tuckers B-day 09 329
Tucker & his G-ma!
Tuckers B-day 09 338
Later that day we went up to my dad's house and Tucker got to hang out with his favorite Uncle Nathan! :)
Tuckers B-day 09 351
And I got to hang out with this little guy! :)
Tuckers B-day 09 349
Tucker told me he wanted a blue cake, so I tried to make the frosting blue, and this is how it turned out! :) I had these grandiose plans for a great cake with a theme, but just ended up using some things I found in our cupboard that we already had. (some Mater & McQueen toppers and some Diego toppers) He loves both of them, so it didn't really matter.
Are you jealous of my baking and decorating skills?! :)
Tuckers B-day 09 352
I love that Tucker gets so excited! As he opened up his presents, his faces were priceless. :) By far the gift of the night was his chick hicks shake-n-go car! He has been on a chick hicks thing lately. Usually its McQueen or Mater, but he likes the green lately! :)
Tuckers B-day 09 379
And he has also been obsessed with Connect 4! Isn't that random?? :) He saw it on a commercial a few months ago and hasn't stopped talking about it since. I thought it was just one of those things that he saw, so he thought he wanted. But really, whenever we would go to target or something, he would go straight to the connect 4 and demand that I get it for him. So when my mom asked what she should get him, I told her that. And even though he doesn't know how to REALLY play, we play connect 4 almost every day! He loves putting the little chips in the slots! Funny, huh! :) And it says, for 7 years and up on the front of the box! :) This boy, I tell ya!
Tuckers B-day 09 380
G&G Pyper sent him up this really cool Imaginext toy that he absolutely loves!
Tuckers B-day 09 394
And another face I absolutely love! :)
Tuckers B-day 09 396
Tucker loves Chuck-E-Cheese...whenever he comes out, he bee-lines it straight for him and just smiles! :)
Tuckers B-day 09 410
It was a great day for Tucker and he seemed to enjoy his third birthday. He loves telling people that he's three now! We are SO SO SO lucky to have him in our family! He is so sweet and loving! He is the best snuggler and has the cutest smile you have ever seen. I'm really hoping that those cheeks NEVER go away!!! He has his moments, but for the most part he is just a good little boy and we couldn't have asked for a better little guy for our family!
We knew it was a good day because by the time we got home from Chuck-e-Cheese, he looked like this...
Tuckers B-day 09 413
In my opinion, that means success! :)
Happy Birthday Tucker, we love you SO much!

3 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Success in deed! Can you believe our boys turned 3...Wow! You look so good by the way.

Madsen Family said...

Happy B-day, Tucker, I love you so much. So wish I could have been there to give you a big squeeze. So cute! Love that darling little boy!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Happy birthday!! Hes so cute. Kiss those cheeks for me.