Friday, July 22, 2011

Trekkin'...

Oh the pioneer trek! :) I went on the trek with the youth of our stake as the photographer! I was so lucky to have the best job on the trek! :)
Here is our ward at the stake center bright and early Monday morning...
The first day we got to this beautiful area to set up camp...
We played games and danced and sang. Very Pioneer style. :)
Had lots of firesides and devotionals...
This is my friend Marianne, my partner in crime. We were both photographers...
Along with this crazy lady, whom we fell in love with! I can't tell you how much fun I had with these two girls. They totally made the trek for me! We had a blast.
The next day we were off trekking. This is how we had to wrap up our feet with duct tape so the stickies wouldn't get in our shoes. They were BAD!! This is only the first day, by the end of the week, people were duct taping up their whole calves!
Here are the kids on their way...



Us photographers got pretty dehydrated the first day after all the running we did and were banned from trekking any more. So the next two days we got to ride in cars to all the stops and take pictures of the kids during the breaks and of course, at night and in the mornings. It was so hot that I don't know how these kids and ma's and pa's were able to do it for three days straight! We here in Spokane were having like 70 degree weather so to get thrust into 90 degree weather while having to wear 8 layers of pioneer clothes and push hand carts while trekking was tough! I was so impressed with everyone!
A self portrait in Marianne's sunglasses...
All of the handcarts lined up before the women's pull...
Our fabulous stake presidency...
They did such a great job of putting this whole thing together! I know the kids really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it! I was just glad to be able to go and be with the youth, I love being with the youth, they are all so great! We are so lucky to live in such a great stake!
When I got home on Friday, I was greeted by these two little dirty faces and this beautiful home made sign. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that my children were alive and well and clothed even! :) I had to pawn them off to friends houses all week and of course, Ben took them in the evenings. I am sure that they had a great time with friends and their daddy at night.
This is such a small portion of my pictures from the trek, I took 1200 pictures total! But they are turned in and the video is being made and we get to see it on Saturday night. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I had always imagined the groups going on these treks were much smaller! Wow, that's a lot of kids! I bet they all had an amazing experience. How lucky for you to be able to go just for the fun part. :)