Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We arrive in Paradise!

We were invited by some of our best friends to go with them to Hawaii. They own a home there and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to not only hang out with them, but visit paradise! :) It was at the same place we went to last year, just the two of us; and even back then we talked about how much fun it would be to go with friends or family. Little did we know we'd get the chance! :) We went with the Enloe's and also, their friends from Utah, the Bailey's.
We were the first ones there and it was a sunny 80 degrees when we got there, just perfect! It was a nice change from the 30 degree weather in Spokane! This was my first time doing this, but Ben and I packed carry-on only! When Ben first asked me to do it, I didn't think I was going to be able to. Luckily most of the clothes I needed for Hawaii were small and thin, so they could easily be stuffed into a carry-on and I DID IT! I was just as shocked as you are, but really, all week I never felt like I didn't have enough. The hardest part was my bathroom stuff, getting all travel size liquid containers. And there is a washer and dryer in the house, so I did a few loads of laundry and it was just fine; I actually really liked it! :)
041
Anyhoo... right after being dropped off at the house, we noticed (and smelled) this black smoke. There was a brush fire just a few blocks away. It was so bad that when the Enloe's and Bailey's got in they weren't allowed to drive up to the neighborhood, we had to meet them in town.
043
Helicopters were getting water from the ocean and dropping it on the fire.
047
Ben, of course, had to get on the roof to check it out...
049

No comments: