Friday, February 10, 2012

M-F...

From the ages of 6-12 I lived in the little tiny town of Milton-Freewater, OR. Both of my parents are from there, both of my grandparents lived there, one set still does. I have aunts and uncles, and great aunts and great uncles still there and I am related to a majority of the town in some way or another! :) We went down to visit a few weekends ago and had a great time, as always with family.
My sweet 84 year old grandma was just diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. She has been so strong and loving taking care of my grandpa these past few years, I never would have thought that it might be her who needed to be taken care of. We had to go down to visit her as soon as we found out. It's so sad when grandparents start to get older and sicker. She is such a great lady! Love you grandma!
014
We also headed over to the nursing home to say hello to my grandpa. He's been in a nursing home for the past few years now, and slowly and slowly seems to be going downhill. I was the only one he recognized this time.
018
Grandpa really loved Tucker though and was playing around with him just like he used to; kind of.
017
{Tucker and his great-grandpa}
016
{Tucker and his Papa}

We stayed with my aunt & uncle. He's my dads brother, if you can't tell! :) Here are the kids feeding the fish with my uncle Scott and cousin, Kara. My kids love love love my aunt and uncle's house, not only do they have fish, and lots of people to love on them, but they also have a house full of dogs that my kids absolutely adore! They always spoil us when we go down to visit!
010
And here are my dad, his brother Scott and their uncle, Uncle Alvin. He's 95 years old. My great uncle, my kids great great uncle.
009
And here is my cousins daughter, Trinidy holding Taylor. Trinidy was the flower girl at my wedding and is now so big; I can hardly believe it! That means that Taylor & Trinidy are 2nd cousins once removed. I love families!!! :)
007
I love my family! I feel so lucky to have such a great extended family and live so close to be able to spend time with them.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I was so sad to hear of Grandma. She truly IS a wonderful woman. She is selfless and thoughtful. I want to grow up to be just like her. Thanks for the wonderful post and pictures.