Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Random summer stuff...

It has been so rainy here these past few weeks. While we have been stuck inside, this dude has re-discovered his beyblades. What, you've never heard of beyblades? I'm shocked! :) He got interested in them last summer with his cousins from Alabama. They are little tops that spin. They come with rip cords, and you have battles. He got some for Christmas, and we have played them every.single.day. I have literally had to put a cap on how many battles I will do with him in a single day. I am desperately trying to teach Taylor how to beyblade, so that Tucker can have a new sparring partner. She hasn't quite caught on as fast as I'd hoped. :) Then Tucker discovered an anime series of beyblades on netflix, so not only has he been battling, but he wants to watch it all the time, too. I guess they are a Japanese import. Anyhoo...it's pretty funny to hear him battle, he says things like, 'It's not about how good your beyblade is, it's about the spirit of the beyblade inside of you.' I'm glad he is learning such deep and meaningful things from his cartoons. 025

037
Luckily, when the weather IS nice enough, all he wants to do is this:
019
I absolutely love living on a street where we can just walk out our front door for a walk or a bike ride. We have been outside every single day it's nice enough. I love love love it! We have races, walks, bike rides, you name it.
022
Hopscotch...
025
We also got season passes this summer to river front park. So awesome! They turn the skating rink into a little carnival. There's a good 10-12 rides, plus mini golf, imax and a train ride around the park we can do to our hearts content. It's also awesome that all my friends got the pass, so we always have someone to go with.
036
Tucker and Ella on the airplanes...
032
Tucker & Milo on the caterpillar train...
037
Taylor on the big train around the park...
046
This girl was desperate to go on the roller-coaster. Tucker refused to go, and I hate roller coasters, but thought I could handle the kiddie one. Not so much, I think I screamed more than her the whole time. She kept going back and forth between screaming and laughing.
045
Lots of dance parties. My kids love to shake their booties!
049
Best dentists office, ever:
008
0 cavities between both kids = happy mama.
I tried Bountiful Baskets for the first time this week. It is so great! We get to try some new things, and we all know how Ben is with new fruit (like a kid in a candy store). I love that my kids are excited about it, and want to try all this new stuff we got, and that some of it is stuff that I don't normally buy. And I love the community aspect of it, and I'm excited to be a part of it.
001
Since we leave for Alabama in just a few short days, we've been trying to fit in as much daddy time as possible. Dinner at Jimmy Johns (our new favorite). Apparently Taylor loved the pickle...
003
Then to get some Froyo at Froyo Earth...
004
Yes, it was THAT good! :)
005
It's shaping up to be a great summer!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I found it pretty interesting when Tucker had to call Keyton to tell him to bring his beys with him next time he comes up. After months of constant battles at our house, he had finally moved on...and now he's wanting more beyblades again. And we're re-watching the whole Beyblade series on netflix. again. Their battle will be epic. :)

Rosie Moncrief said...

Your kids are so cute!! I need to come visit before they get to big!