Thursday, July 25, 2013

Grandma Glenda's funeral...

Midst all of the craziness of Tucker's end of year stuff, and the baby stuff, my sweet grandma passed and we had her funeral. I made her program like I did my grandfathers last year. It is crazy how it was almost one year exactly to when my grandpa passed that she did! We tried to incorporate her favorite thing into the program: Roses! Cats came in a close second, but didn't look as nice as a funeral program background! :)

grandma program ouside final

grandma program inside final
After the funeral in Milton-Freewater, (which, they had to delay to wait for us, because we were, of course, late) the burial was in Union, OR; a very very small town in Eastern Oregon where both of my grandparents are from. I used to go there as a kid, so it has actually been fun to go back  these last two times these last two years for the funerals (my grandfather was also buried there last year) and see lots of extended family.
All of her grandsons were the pall bearers:
DSC_0011

DSC_0015
My brother, Nathan dedicated the grave and did a great job! It was a very nice service, and it was fun hearing stories about my grandmother when she was a child. Her best friend growing up was actually one of the speakers at her funeral, they were childhood friends, all growing up and she was actually in Portland visiting my grandma on the day she passed away! It was very neat. My grandma introduced her to the gospel and she was baptized because of my grandma, and it was fun hearing her stories. Stories like, playing in the cemetery and putting flowers in the hands of the statues. It is an old cemetery, so it has lots of old big headstones, some with statues. Or like taking their dolls to the gas station downtown to give their dolls baths in the gas station bathroom! Gross! But so funny, that was the only bathroom that they knew they could get into to play, and she said they would just sit in the gas station bathroom and play for hours! Or the story of how they were in the park one day playing and saw a man that was sleeping  so they started squirting him with their squirt guns, and later found out that he wasn't sleeping, but that he was dead! :) 
My grandmother was a sweet sweet lady and left a great legacy!
DSC_0036
Me and my two cousins, Alicia and Lori! It is so fun having so many fun cousins my age that I got to grow up with, we had have had some pretty great times together! Lori and Alicia both stayed at my grandparents the night before, and are wearing her dresses and jewelry. I wish I could have joined them in that, but being 9 months pregnant, and late to the funeral, didn't allow me that! My cute cousin Lori did have the great idea for all the girls to wear grandma's signature lip color: Covergirl's Tahitian Coral. My grandma loved her some bright lipstick and never  left the house without it! It had kind of faded by the time we got to the burial, but we sure did love our grandma and her fabulous style (which is totally in style again, now!)
IMG_2646
And John, whom we unfortunately tortured growing up. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family!!!
IMG_2643
More girl cousins and aunts, we are for sure a family of girls!
DSC_0050
Lindsey is just a few weeks behind me. Janna's jealous she doesn't have a huge belly like us!
DSC_0077
Yes, this is the close up of that awesome bum shot of Taylor. Good thing I put these white shorts under her dress, because it looked like this most of the day! :)
IMG_2675

DSC_0064
Mine, Alicia's and Lori's daughters: Taylor, Janell and Macy. The funny thing about this picture is that they are sitting in the order of age, Taylor being the youngest! :) She has always been the biggest of the three of them, and Janell is a few months older than Taylor and Macy a few months older than her! Cute cute little girls! 2nd generation mini-me's.
DSC_0082

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma
:-(