Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Home Sweet Home...

Unfortunately, we came home to this:
And this:
{I love my mom dearly, and to pieces, but her level of tidiness around the house is no where near my OCD level-and I'm totally not complaining, she can mess up my house any way she wants while she is watching my three kids for a week. It's just a lot to do!--Love you mom--thanks again!} :)
And this took a bit of getting used to again. I really enjoyed the quiet of not always having a child screaming at me for something somewhere. aka...Taylor screaming for something somewhere! :)
While we were gone, the polar vortex hit the hardest here in the Northwest. It was like negative temperatures, and snowy, and there were all sorts of storm warnings. School was almost cancelled... Not to mention all that I had to do to clean. Organize my house, unpack and do laundry. The first few days we were back, I was kind of overwhelmed with where to start....But we were very happy to be back with the babes. Every time we leave, it's the same. The first few days are AWESOME. The break is great. But then I start thinking about all the fun things my kids would enjoy wherever we are, and then I get sad that they aren't with us. I can't wait for them to get a bit bigger to enjoy these adventures with us!
And this little dude, I swear grew like 5 inches while we were gone:
Seriously though, do you think he is getting to big for the bouncer??? :)
Oh, and Valentines day was the week we got home. Oh, and pre-school was at our house that week, including a V-day party with the kiddys.
I had to scramble to pull some things together, but we got it done, and had a great party!
Valentines bags for each other to exchange our Valentines, and we made cards for our families. I love how most of the kids also made cards for themselves. This age is so funny when it's all about them! (OK, I'm not sure anyone ever grows out of that stage, but....) :)
{Oliver, William, Tucker, Amber, Taylor & Lily}
This is what my table looked like after all the creativity happened. But that's a sign of a good time, right!? :)
Oh, and I was in charge of planning the field trip that month for our preschool class, which also happened to fall that week. We went and did a tour at Krispy Kreme. Which totally sucked by the way. Well, it was great in that we all got a free doughnut. But basically a worker walks you through what the machine does (that is not even on) through the window, that you could have just walked by yourself. :) Free doughnut = good. 'Tour' = Lame. :)
Although you can't go wrong with these cool Krispy Kreme hats! :)
Also that week, my very bestest friend from high-school and college, Jessy was in town. So, of course, we all had to get together. I should have seen her a few times, but I was pretty busy and overwhelmed. I'm bummed I only got to see her this once, but I'm glad I at least got to see her at all--she needs to live closer!!! {Hear that Jessy--come live by me!!!} :) It was also so fun to see Erica and Marsha!!! Blog's just aren't the same as keeping up in real life! :) {Hear that Erica, let's play!!!} :)
Mostly, I was just glad to be back with these two wack-o's:

Hanging out all day (clothing being optional), Eating bon-bons and watching cartoons all day. That is what I usually do with my time!

Oh man, I missed this fat little face! :)


No comments: