Sunday, January 24, 2016

3rd week in...

I can't believe we're already three weeks into the year! Monday was no school for Martin Luther King Jr. day. I always love me a good excuse to relax at home and get things done around the house. But I was feeling kind of guilty for not having anything planned for the kids. I used to always go go go on days off and have fun activities planned. I've been majorly slacking lately and used the day to get caught up. On photography, Young Women's, Blog etc. things like that. 20160118_111228 
Tucker is still having a grand time with my selfie stick...



Ben called and wanted to take us to McDonalds. Fancy, I know! :) ha ha! So, we did get out of the house for a bit. While we were out, we stopped and got the boy's haircuts because they've been needing it big time lately!

My handsome boy. My other handsome boy wouldn't pose for me. :)
After gymnastics class for Taylor and a nice little FHE lesson, Taylor helped me FINALLY put our names on the FHE chart we have in our living room. They've been empty for years now. Maybe we'll finally use that chart! :) ha ha.  I can still remember the little house my mom had when we were little and each of our names was on a magnetic heart and they got rotated every week. My little crafty girl was, of course, very willing to help!


It was wonderful to have an extra day to get things done apart from the day to day.
Tuesday morning was back to life as usual. This girl here below. I don't know what to do about her LOVE for all things animal. This is how her bed looks when I wake her up every morning. No joke. EVERY morning. And this is not how it looks when I tucker her in at night! Her animals are so precious to her, she treats them like real animals. We so need to get this girl a real animal!
We often play 'zoo' or 'pet store' in her room where she sets them all up and after I choose the one I want to take home, she tells me exactly how to take care of it. She's obsessed! I love this type of play and I love her imagination, though! :)
Perler beads are also a big hit right now with her. I also love Tuesdays because we have nothing on Tuesdays and the kids get to come home and just play and be kids and we don't have anywhere to be!
I've also been working out at MUV while Taylor is at school. So, I go to the gym right after the kids leave in the morning, and usually am done by 10:30ish, and I thought I'd take Jackson to a story time at the library. This was his first time ever! When Tucker was his age, I was taking him once or twice a week to the library for story time. Poor third child! :)
He, of course, loved it! I think we have a new weekly tradition here. (hopefully!) :)
I'm not a wake up before everyone to cook a big breakfast type of lady. I actually usually don't even eat breakfast, which, I know isn't the best, but I'm just never hungry in the mornings. Anyway, we're a cereal type of family. Every morning. Jackson even likes to double spoon it some mornings! :)
After the gym on Wednesday I went to Walmart to pick up my online order. At Christmas time I had ordered Kathryn and my mom some things from The Pioneer Woman's new dish line at Walmart.
I had actually forgotten about the dishes, since it had been so long! They told me before Christmas that they would be in on Jan.3rd. But we were so excited to see the dishes that we busted right into the boxes, and a big THANKS to Walmart for still using those annoying popcorn packing pieces in their boxes. The stuff immediately went everywhere, and the kids, of course, loved it! It was a nightmare to clean up and I am still finding popcorn pieces around the house. Ugh! It literally took like 3 hours to clean up! And Jackson was no help, jumping into the piles as soon as we had even a little bit piled up!
I got them this cute bowl and  pitcher pieces. I was a bit jealous and wanted to keep them for myself!
Gymnastics Wednesday. I've been starting to stay during her classes. Tucker now has some other older brothers to play with and I have a few good friends, and fellow moms to chat with; and as long as I remember to keep my eye on Jackson, because if I don't, then he runs out onto the gym floor and

Wednesday nights are our busiest, and we go straight from school to gymnastics to young mens/womens and scouts for Tucker.
This week we had our quarterly pie night. Once every 3-4 months we let the girls throw pies in our faces for Personal Progress. The girls get to put their name on a ticket for every Personal Progress requirement they finished over the last 3-4 months. Then each one of us leaders pick out a name to throw a pie in our faces. I'm not sure why we put ourselves through that, but the girls love it and if it motivates them, then I guess it's ok! :) haha
Susan before:
Susan during:
Susan after:
Brenee came prepared with goggles:
Kylah was chosen to throw the pie at Sis. Carlstrom:
Karinna weaseled her way to get to throw a pie in my face! :) ha ha
And she was the only young woman that rubbed it into my face!
Luckily, I love her! :)
Yulissa's face during the whole thing was just priceless. I don't think she quite knew what to think about all of this! :) ha ha!


We came home that night and Tucker showed off his whittling skills that he had learned at Scouts that night.
And, of course, Ben had to one up him!
Jackson had to get in on the selfie stick action and I just love the look on his face in this picture! I love this Turd so freaking much it hurts!
And I just love these sweet little notes that Taylor leaves us every now and then. On our beds and on my desk. She is the sweetest little thing. I'm going to miss this when she goes through her stage of hating me! :)  ha ha
Thursday night was a wonderful RS activity about family history and a delicious dinner of a sweet potato soup, which I normally would never have tried, but it was delicious. Hermana Zavala is the best cook and everything she makes is delicious! It was a wonderful evening and I ended up having to translate the whole night. Melissa Peterson's brother and sister in law just moved in with them for a few months and she doesn't speak Spanish, and either does Melissa, so I was their interpreter. It made me grateful that I don't have to interpret very often! :) It was fun to get to know Ashley and Melissa better and it was nice to get away for a bit.
Friday night was spent at the Temple with Kathryn and dad and then a delicious dinner at Rancho after. It was a fun night with them and we always have a great time with them. We are so blessed.
Saturday morning was Taylor's first gymnastics meet with the Hot Shots. It was so cute, but I took so many pictures, that I have a whole separate post about that. I just still can't believe that my baby girl is so big and freaking good at gymnastics! :)
Saturday night was spent as per usual in front of the computer making the sacrament program for Sunday. I usually don't get all the info until really late Saturday night and it usually takes me a few hours to compiling everything together. Info, announcements, hymns etc.. And then I have to translate what I have in English into Spanish and what I have in Spanish to English. Anyway, it's a long process! But I enjoy it, and it's not hard. I'll probably have this calling forever because it's something I can do while I have any other calling! :)
And one last one of my stinky boy! He is such a stinker, but I just love him so so so much! He was such a turd today at church. Ben went to the Indiana Branch downtown, because one of his former Young Men is leaving on his mission, and Ben wanted to go to his farewell. For some reason, Ben thought it would be a good idea to stay all three hours down there, and I should have said something, but I went with it and church was horrible. Well, sacrament meeting was. He just knows he can get away with anything and has started getting to the point in his 2 and a half year old life where he really enjoys pushing every button on every single one of us in the household. And he loves every minute of it! And that is mostly my fault because he is just so stinking cute, I let him get away with anything. Things I would never of dreamed of letting Tucker and Taylor get away with! The benefit of being a third child!
20160124_162458

No comments: