Monday, January 25, 2016

Taylor's Gymnastics Meet...

Taylor had her first gymnastics meet on Saturday and I couldn't have been more proud of her! We had to be there at 8:30 for pictures, and I can't wait to see them! But then it started at 9. It was the hot shots class and the pre-team girls. And I didn't know that there were so many pre-team girls! Like 30! Anyway, they started out with stretches and Taylor was the one picked from the Hot Shots class as the leader! :)IMG_3836 
I just love her and she was so cute up there!
Look at that back bend!!!
Then they put them into two 'teams' and split them all up evenly and one group did one event while the other did another.
This is what Jackson decided to do during the meet:
Cute daddy and Jackson:
Taylor's first event was the vault:


I was so proud of this girl! She is so strong!
Her and her teammates, Harper and Shyra:
Again, what Jackson decided to do during the meet:
And, like I posted on facebook: 'Mom, does this angle make my cheeks look big?' I'm so funny! :)
Next up was floor:
A little over rotation, but beautiful nonetheless:


I loved that her little tongue was sticking out the whole time:
Daddy had to take off-the meet was over two and a half hours!!!!Ben couldn't stay that long. I don't think either one of us thought it would be that long. He was there for her floor routine, which is her favorite!
This girl loves her daddy so much!
Papa and Kathryn were also there, but they toughed it out, and were there for the long haul! :) It was nice to have extra hands with Jackson since I was trying to get some good pictures! We are so lucky to have Papa and Kathryn close who love our kids and stick it out at events like this! :)
Then her bar routine:

Next up was the beam. And I was surprised, but they had actual judges there like taking off points and tenths of points for certain things! Like, they really got judged and points! And she had her coach there by her side the whole time, spotting her when she needed it!


Then they got on a score and got to go on the podium and got a medal! It was cute!

Her and her team on the podium:
Here are her actual hot shots team: Anaya, Kennedy, Taylor, Lilli, Harper and Shayra:
These girls are so cute, and it's been so much fun going through this with them and their mama's. I love having friends to chat with while our girls are at practice, and the older brothers get to play pokemon or on their tablets. We've become like a little family! Their mama's are the best! Can they just stay this little forever, please?! :)
I had to also get a quick pic with my girl and superstar gymnast!
And her awesome coaches: Maddie and Izzy. :)  (although we were missing James on this fun morning!) :(
Good work, baby girl!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Way to go, Taylor! How awesome! Now I'm wishing we had tried gymnastics here instead of just dance!