Thursday, September 6, 2007

I'm officially a blogger...

Welcome to the adventures of the Pyper family. I must warn you that since my eyes have been opened to the blogging world, you will never get rid of me. For many of you this is the first time that you have probably heard from me in a long while! I am so sorry that I am so bad at keeping in touch with many of you, my friends and family. But I promise you that I am working on being better at that! For those of you whom it has been a long while, let me fill you in on the past four years of our lives. Ben and I were married September 13th, 2003 and it is hard to believe that it has been FOUR long years already! :) We hail from Spokane, WA, or Spokompton as we like to call it. Ben is still in school for Business management, and I can't wait for him to be done. It seems like he has been in school forever, and I know that he feels the same way. He is also working full time as the operations manager for a window installation company here in Spokane, which he loves, and it is great experience for him, so he is happy. And then when he is done with school, we'll see where that leads us. We have a 9 month old son named Tucker, who just happens to be the cutest thing on the earth (see pictures below and I'm sure you'll agree). :) So I am now officially a full time mommy. I love it. It has been two months now that I haven't been working, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I tried to go back to work after Tucker was born, and knew it would only be temporary until some of those nasty hospital bills were paid off, but only ended up lasting 4 months. It was the best decision we ever made and Tuck and I have had such a fun summer. I just feel bad that Ben has to work every day and I get to play with Tucker all day. He is such a happy little guy and we got so lucky!

Anyway, I really want to be able to share photos and stories with our friends and family that are so far away who don't get to spend a lot of time with us and especially with Tucker. So grandma and grandpa and aunts and uncles across the country, this is for ya'll. :)


Well here he is, my little love bug (Ben hates that nickname) But then again, the nickname Ben wanted for him was Prickly Pete. (Seinfeld fans, anyone?) He is so proud of himself for standing all by himself on his dresser drawers. He is SO close to crawling and loves pulling himself up onto the coffee table. (Hence the bruises that you will find on his forhead every now and then)



Future Auburn fan, just like his daddy?




Spending the day at Lake Roosevelt. Tucker loves the water, and he should, he sure does have a beach body! :)

And finally, him pretending to be sleeping on the kitchen floor. Speaking of sleeping, our little angel who was once such a wonderful sleeper has for the past few weeks been anti-crib. Anyone have any advice? I used to be able to put him down semi-awake and he would just fall asleep on his own, but now refuses to sleep anywhere but on ME! He will fall fast asleep in my arms and then as soon as he can even smell his crib, he is jolted awake and screams bloody murder until I pick him up again. I don't want this to become a habit, but hate to leave him screaming in his crib for so long! HELP!

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Taraka--Once I got your email, I hunted down your blog. I LOVE IT! I just wanted to be the first to leave a comment, hee, hee! Welcome to the blogging world. You will become an addict just as I have. And I love to leave random, annoying comments on peoples' blogs, so lucky you, you will be hearing from me lots. Gotta jet! I'm at school and kids are coming in.....

Stacey said...

Hi Taraka!! I had to copy you and I too am now an official blogger! I cant beleive how big Tucker has gotten!! IT doesnt seem like it has been that long since we have seen you!! Hopefully trer will be time at Christmas to get togheter again! I am glad you are all doing well!

Madsen Family said...

Hello, there Taraka. I'm just leaving you another comment on your blog to let you know that I am hungry for more, more pictures of Tucker, more pictures of you and Benj and more insight into your little life in Spokompton. I also wanted to let you know that I would be in the hood on the 31st of October. That would be Halloween up in your parts. Anyhew, that's it for me. Hopefully, we'll be seeing some blog updating. Talk to you soon smarty pants!