Sunday, December 9, 2007

What a weekend...

This weekend was a busy one, and I'm glad that its finally over... :) Friday night, my little sissy graduated! Yeah! Kayla is now officially a Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (and Hair Dresser) and was the valedictorian of her class. We are very proud of her.

Saturday we had her bridal shower and had a good 40 people at our house! It was crazy, but so much fun to see family and friends and catch up with everyone and eat good food! Yum!
Jan, LaRaye and I put it on for her...
Here are us Campbell girls before the party began. I would have taken pictures of everyone during the party, but was too busy trying to be a good host!


And...We finally had Tuckers first birthday party and boy was it a fiesta! :) Just some pizza and cake and some major present opening! So, right after everyone had left our house for the bridal shower, different friends and family showed up for Tuckers party!
I love this picture, because it is very typical of these three.
Ben, Nathan and Jason, partying it up at Tuckers party.

Aunt Kayla and Uncle Jason celebrating with us.

And here is Tucker opening his gifts, with some help from Daddy and Carly, of course. Carly the little thief was living vicariously through Tucker and was just as excited about the toys as Tucker was, she thought they were for her too! Thank you everyone for making this day so much fun for Tucker. It is so nice knowing that Tucker is so loved by our families, and friends.

And of course, enjoying the cake! Tucker is so funny though, because he is such a picker, he didn't dig into it like most kids, he picked at it and put little pieces into his mouth and had to examine everything piece before it went in. After a few minutes of doing that, he realized the goodness of birthday cake, and dug right in.

So the weekend was a success. And though it was a great one,I am looking forward to some time to sit back and relax, but not for long because we leave for Alabama next Sunday, and I have a lot to do before we leave. So now the things I will be focusing on will be: Packing for Alabama(its not easy packing for a one year old), Kayla's Bachelorette Party, Christmas gifts to our friends and family up here in Washington, finishing Kayla's Guestbook (Its my gift to her)...its never ending!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

kayla's shower was awesome!! It was so good to see you!!

Madsen Family said...

Hello--It's the peanut gallery here. I'm hoping that in one of those presents, Tucker got a much-needed pair of shoes. I'm not holding my breath, though, because in the one picture containing Tucker's feet, he was bare-foot. I guess you've given up on shoes altogether now???????? Speaking of shoes, have you noticed that you are missing a pair?

Matt & Emily said...

I love that Tucker got a black eye, I mean, not that he got one, but that it was on his birthday! Isn't that how things always work? That, or when you are trying to get their pictures taken the next day!! And I have a lot of those mom-of-the-year moments! We just have to be careful not to keep track of them, right?

Matt & Emily said...

hey- let's see some Christmas pictures already...
just kidding, I don't really have mine on yet either. Hope all is well. Em