Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pyper & Agurkis 6th Annual Fall/Greenbluff/Pumpkin Carving extravaganza...

We had our fabulous friends, Doug & Sadie (and Buddy too!) in town from Seattle for the weekend for our Annual Fall festivities. Every October we head up to Greenbluff for some pumpkin doughnuts, carmeled apples, hot chocolate, and of course, pumpkin pickin'! We started this tradition way back in October of 2003 when we first met them and they lived here in Spokane. We did it the following year, when they still lived in Spokane. Even when they moved to Seattle in 2005, the tradition continued, and they come to Spokane every year! And we love it! We usually go to Knapps Farm, up in Greenbluff, they have a pumpkin chucker that's pretty cool, and you get to pick your own pumpkins there, like literally cut them off the vine! :) This year we decided to head over to the little country store, where its more of a carnival/festival place to be. We still had a fabulous time, and of course, love anything we do with Doug & Sadie!
I have spent the past 2 days trying to scan all the pictures in from the past 6 years. (some were taken before the digital era...I know, ancient, right!?) But sometimes my scanner scans in the pictures as .Jpeg, which is great, because then I can put them on the blog. But for some reason it scanned them all in as .Tif and then they won't upload. I can't figure out how to change it to scan them in as .Jpeg. It's been really frustrating! Can anyone help me out with this one? Anyway...here are the pictures from this year...
I don't remember what was going on in this picture, but I love it of these two, pretty typical.
Tucker got his like 40 kagillionth carmeled apple of the season. I usually eat the carmeled outside, because he can't reach his little mouth around it, but then he likes to just gnaw on the apple part like all day! Yeah, it works out well for the both of us! :) This is what happened when Sadie tried to sneak a bite...

Tucker was lovin' pumpkin land...



We took those babies home and carved'em right up!

Look at all of these cute boys. (I love this picture!) And the pumpkins look pretty cute on our front steps too!

All of us, this is a classic! Tucker was done with pictures by this time and Buddy's rear-end is facing the camera. It was definitely the end of a long weekend and everyone is picture'd out. (except me, of course!) :)

In order to get that fabulous shot of all of us, Sadie had to drive their car on our front lawn so I could prop the camera on it for the timer-delay. In this picture, I think he is wondering what the heck is going on! :) Anything for a shot, right! :)

And what was Tuckers favorite part of the weekend, you ask?

Well, let me show you...

I think he found his new BFF. And its a good thing we approve of his family! :)

We love you Doug & Sadie and can't wait to see you again, soon!

7 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I love it! Looks like so much fun. I think Tucker needs a dog.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Is that your second time to Greenbluff? We've yet to make it there...what's wrong with us! It looks like so much fun. I love your pumpkins. Good times for everyone.

Rosie Moncrief said...

I want to go to Greenbluff!! It looks so fun! and the pics of Tucker and the dog are so so cute! I'll look into that scanning issue for you too!

Darci said...

What a fun tradition. The pictures of Tucker and the dog are adorable.
Seeing all those pictures reminds me of how much fun you are! I sure miss you.

Madsen Family said...

Tucker needs a "gog"! He is too cute and just keeps getting cuter. Love pumpkin picking. I don't think I've ever even gone to Greenbluff in all my years in living in Spokane. Sad, huh?

Stephanie said...

LOL! i think it's super cute that Tucker has a death grip on that caramel apple in all of those pics you took...LOVE IT! I haven't had a caramel apple yet this season, and I think it's long overdue... :o)

Steph said...

cute pictures!! :) We hope you had a Happy Halloween! Let's get together, soon! We miss you guys!