Sunday, October 12, 2008

What we look forward to most in October...

Being able to stay home the first Sunday of the month to watch church on TV while in our PJ's all snuggled up on the couch... getting to listen to the prophets while being with those you love; I don't think it gets much better than that! :)
I think that Tucker and Keyton enjoyed it as much as we did! Ok, not at all, but it was really cute, they pulled this bench up right in front of the TV and were apparently really interested in what this speaker had to say. (or maybe it was the buttons on the TV that they were interested in!?)

Tucker was so happy he found a bottle of tic-tacs to share with Uncle Nathan...
Then he got in trouble because he wouldn't stop eating the afore mentioned tic-tacs, and who does he go to when he's in trouble from mommy???
And in whose arms did he stay for the rest of the day? And who was he mad at for the rest of the day? I'll give you two guesses, Grandma was one of them and I was one of them. And he's obviously not in my arms! :)
It was such a nice lazy day of being uplifted. Although Conference with a two year old makes me really appreciate the Ensign. I can't wait for it to come so I can read the talks that I missed out on by being distracted! :)
We also look forward to:
One word: Greenbluff!
Have I mentioned that I love Greenbluff?
We love bundling up with our friends:
Finding the perfect Pumpkin at the oh so cute pumpkin patch with our friends...

Eating yummy pumpkin doughnuts with our friends...

And last, but certainly not least, we love eating the yummy Carmel'd apples at Greenbluff...

I think this face pretty much sums up how we feel about the delicious treats offered at Greenbluff:

We had to finally bust out the Winter clothes and went outside to clean up the summer toys and get our back yard winterized. I had to clean out my garden and get all of the toys into our shed before the snow comes. Tucker looked too cute all bundled up, so I had to get a few shots before the work began.

Thank goodness for that Hot Tub behind Tucker, we will be spending many a night in that over these next few months! :)

11 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

So cute! Welove having church at home in our pj's too!! You all look so cute all bundled up at the pumpkin patch. So is there any chance we get to see you guys in November?

Rosie Moncrief said...

I love the new blog look!! so cute! I miss you guys, I can't wait to come visit in 5 months!

Morgan Territory said...

Just wanted to say hi Taraka!

We went to Greenbluff this past weekend too. The line for the pumpkin doughnuts was sooo long!

Hope to see you soon! Love your new blog design too, great job!

Meg, David and Morgan

Stacey said...

One of the things I miss most about Spokane (besides you guys of course!!!) is Greenbluff! Again I will live vicariously through you!!

Conference Sunday - the reason I missed part of the "spirit" of the day was not my children. I could handle their noise in the background... it was my husband constantly telling the kids to be quiet!! He never did understand that he was actually louder than them!! Oh well, you're right, thank goodness for the Ensign!!

Christy Ivory said...

Those are the cutest pict's of your little boy. He is growing to fast. They grow up really fast. Jakes baptism was a few days ago. I can't believe it, where does the time go.
My kids and I went to Green bluff just the other day and it was freezing cold!!!! You went to the same place we did. I said "Kids, do you want to see the pumpkin patch?" they all yelled "Yeah!!!" I walked them out there, the wind was blowing totally cold wind and said " Well, have you seen enough??....." The answer was "Yes!!!" and we were in the car in one min. flat.
So sad. We are going to go back in a week or so....
I am excited about Twilight also!!!! Your evite will come in about 4 days. Talk to you soon

Julie said...

Hey taraka...it's Julie Nelson. I linked to your blog from Destenee's. You have a darling family. Please tell your mom I said Hi :)

Darci said...

What a cute little family you are. It is so great to connect after so many years. Tucker is adorable. And a photographer are you - great senior portraits!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Cute new blog! I keep saying we need to go to Greenbluff and now I am convinced. Looks like tons of fun. It's been a while since we've gone.

Celeste said...

Party by day, Blog by night. That's how we roll... ok, cute pictures, but I didn't read the whole thing, I love that you are enjoying the autumn festivities! Here is the link to my sweet spokey-d deals I got for my sis:

http://picasaweb.google.com/osbornfam/Angela#

Anonymous said...

Love the new look of your blog! Very cute:)

Greenbluff is our favorite every year, too. We try to go to a different farm every year. This time was Knapp's Farm. The kids loved the hay bale maze. I couldn't find my way out.

Sorry, I have been so busy lately. I've wanted to call you and Meg, but between coaching soccer, primary, and volunteering at school Ive been swamped. Life doesn't slow down with 4. I feel super old.

Just want to say, thanks for being such a good hostess to Cookie, Tony, and Rosie! You have always been a sweet friend to everyone and I admire you for that.

Hope to see you Friday at the Twilight Party!
:) Tiff

Emily Carl said...

Baraka!
How did you do this to your blog? It is so darn fashionable! Tucker looks like a big boy...what a hunk. I miss you. You are lovely!

Bemily