Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas time!

The week before Christmas we went caroling with some good friends. It is a yearly tradition, and I love it. Ben was sick, so just Tucker and I went this year. We go to our friends house for Soup and yummy food and then go caroling and then come back for Hot Chocolate afterward. It is a great way to spend the holiday's! This year we went to visit some of the elderly ladies or couples in our ward. Tucker ( who HATES to be the center of attention) would run up to every person after we sang and give them a big hug and say 'MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!' He loved caroling. They all loved that. It was really cute. A few weeks later one of the ladies got up in Sacrament meeting and said how when he did that it just made her Holiday's! She just loved it! :) I thought that was so sweet and I was glad he did that for her! He is a sweet boy!
Here's the gang on our way out the door:
December 09 099
This next picture is the illegal picture of Tucker with Santa that my mom took! So, last year when we went to visit Santa, I just asked them if I could use my own camera to take the pictures of Tucker and Santa. I couldn't bring myself to pay $25 for one picture!! This year I noticed that there was a sign that said something along the lines of 'personal cameras can only be used after a minimum purchase, yada yada yada...' So, me being just too tired to even care, and even more cheap than I was last year, thought. OK...no pictures this year. Tucker really only cares about seeing Santa and sitting on his lap. I don't want to pay $25 for a picture that I will only look at for one week. ( I know, I've been lame lately...just too tired to care about much recently!) :) Anyway, I'm with my mom, brother, sister-in-law and nephew. They go first, get his pictures taken, my mom is snapping away, but it was OK for them, because they bought a package. Up comes Tucker, I make it a point to tell them that I am not ordering pictures, that I have no camera to sneak a shot in, I'm not trying to be sneaky, I just want Tucker to sit on his lap and chat with Santa. Well, then my mom continues to snap away and they look at me, and I look at them, and then Tucker is done, so I turn and run! :) OK, it wasn't that dramatic, but it was a little awkward. I felt guilty! I didn't even mean to steal a picture, and now I have one.
Here is the proof:
December 09 003 (2)
And the joy that is on Tuckers face in this picture makes it all worth it! :)
The next two pictures are from Christmas morning at our house. It was so fun to just be the three of us. I could only post two pictures because in the rest of the pictures, my husband is not dressed appropriately, sorry! :) I loved watching the excitement on Tuckers face as he opened up all of his presents. He got so happy and excited over EVERY single present! I loved it! It totally made everything worth it to see his face! I had tried to get his presents shopping done in advance so I wouldn't have to rush last minute. So by the time December rolled around, we pretty much had him done with. Then for the whole month of December all we heard about was him wanting a green dinosaur. Of course, one thing I did NOT have for him. So on Christmas eve Ben went to Wal-mart and bought a $1 green dinosaur and of course, it was the one present he was MOST excited about! :) Go figure. I'm going to save my self a lot of money and stress next year and just go get him a Dollar toy on Christmas eve! :)
December 09 010
We did have a lot of fun just the three of us. I love my little family!!! Kids make Christmas time SO much more fun! :)
December 09 020
Even for being a burned out, tired, and uncomfortable pregnant lady, I had a great Christmas. I'm hoping that next year will be even better with TWO little ones and NO 20 lb. belly always getting in the way! :)

1 comment:

Darci said...

You sneaky woman! I was tempted to do that around here, but it would have been to obvious. Sadly, our church party Santa is all we got this year. Tucker's face on Christmas morning is classic.