Saturday, January 23, 2010

While the husband is away....

We are really missing this guy, right now:
January 10 003
He left us for a week to go to Hawaii...again! Can you believe the nerve of him? I mean, it is for work, but still...
So far, we have survived. Ben asked me before he left if I was up for it. If I could handle Tucker for a whole week by myself being 8 months pregnant. (since I can't really bend down all that easy, or get up all that easy, or breathe all that easy) I told him that we would be fine, we might not leave the house for a week straight, and eat Chips Ahoy cookies for every meal, but that we would be fine... :)
I have tried to fill up our days with things, so that Tucker doesn't go out of his mind. And luckily I have lots of good friends who have been helping me out. We have only had one trip to the Doctor, one morning of throwing up and only one night of him climbing in bed with me. And Ben's only been gone for 4 days! :) We have had swimming lessons, movie nights, lots of play groups planned for this week, and way too much cartoons, but I'm hoping that the rest of the week continues to go by fast!
Hopefully Ben comes back with some beautiful pictures from Hawaii and I can dream of my paradise get-away. Although, I did have to promise that I wouldn't post any shirtless pictures of the guys over there, like I did last year. He was not too thrilled about that! :) And hopefully next time he goes to Hawaii, it will be with me and not 4 other guys! :)

The above picture is of my big boy's first day in Primary. He is now a Sunbeam! I can't believe how big he is getting. He did great, the only thing that his teacher said was that he couldn't understand why in Sharing time he had to take turns answering the questions and saying the prayers and helping out. He wanted to do EVERYTHING and wanted to be called on every time. So, I guess it's a good thing that he wants to participate, right?! :)

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh I bet Tuck is loving being a big kid in the primary! Poor Keyton lost all of his friends and is the only big kid in nursery now. I feel for you being without Ben this long when you're that big!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

You are a wonder woman letting Ben go to Hawaii without you AGAIN and staying home with a toddler and 8 months pregnant!

Emily Carl said...

Baraka~
I just love that little smile!!! I am trying to make it over there really soon! I want to meet Taylor Rae! Love you friend!

Bem