Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011...

We had a fabulous Easter this year. I love Easter and spring time. I love what Easter means and represents. I always think of the empty tomb and that makes me think of Jerusalem, and I have nothing but great memories and feelings about the Holy Land and the spirit I felt there. Anyway, even though Easter is a little more commercialized than I would like it to be, we still enjoy ourselves with our family and those we love. And I always feel the spirit.
I try and keep the Easter baskets low key and simple. I got the kids their swimsuits, a book or two and some candy.

Of course, Taylor dug right into the candy and enjoyed every second of it! :)
After church we headed up to my dads house for an afternoon with family and delicious food! Allen & Kelli and their *growing* family came up for the weekend and of course, the kids had so much fun with their cousins.
These next few shots are for grandma, who got the kids all matching outfits. They looked so cute all matching at church! :)
Here is a very typical Taylor face. :)
Cute Cassidy and her 80's side ponytail! :) Love it!
Tucker totally posed on this rock all on his own.
And Keyton, who wanted nothing to do with pictures, joined him. :)
Cute Carter! A little mini-man.
Our family picture... (sorry, our Easter church clothes came off right after church!) :)
Me and my baby girl!
Taylor and daddy.
Then some Easter egg hunts. It was fierce. But we had a few and the kids got their fill.

Dying eggs...
Then my favorite part of the day, dinner! I swear, my dad is going to be the chef up in Heaven! This is my Heaven on Earth! :) Ham, ribs, and salmon. To. die. for. We are never disappointed when my dad cooks for us, which luckily for us, is quite often!
I made personalized cupcakes for everyone for dessert.
We then just kicked back and relaxed all afternoon. It was a perfect day!
The next night before Allen & Kelli left to go home, just us adults went out to the new Brazilian restaurant in Coeur d'Alene. We love the Brazilian restaurants and this one did not disappoint! :) It was more fun just being out with my siblings and dad without kids. We had a great time together! Thanks Dad!
And thanks Jani & Nathan for watching all FOUR of our kids! :)

4 comments:

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

I noticed *growing* family....I'm on to you.....pretty sure I know what this means!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What cute pictures of the kids all dressed up and your family!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love Taylor's stinker face. William really loved hangin out with Tucker. Let's keep these boys hangin'!!

Kelli said...

Fun couple of days! What'll Easter be like if you guys end up moving away some day? We've had matching kids for 4 years now! Keyton had a blast. But then again, he always does with Tuck.