Monday, November 19, 2012

Taylor's rough start...

Taylor had a pretty rough start to October. On the 3rd, she had 2 baby route canals on her front two teeth and had to have caps put on them. Yes, just like Tucker had. I asked the Dentist if maybe I was doing something wrong because Tucker had to have the same thing done, and she laughed and said, it probably has to do more with the strength of their teeth and that this is pretty common. :) Taylor didn't throw up after like Tucker did when he was put under, but she did kick and scream a lot more as she was coming to after her route canal.
She spent the rest of the day on the couch sleeping and watching movies:
534
Taylor has been really into my make up lately. She wants to wear it and play with it all the time. If I leave it out, I will most definitely find her looking like this:
106
My sister in law gave me the greatest idea, and told me to take an old compact, and take out the powder make up part, and fill the compartments with different colored nail polish. Let it dry and viola, you have perfect little girl make up! :) So I tried it and Taylor loves having her own 'make up' :)

She was throwing a fit one day, so of course I grabbed my camera. What any good mother would do! :)
197
Her daddy decided to cut her hair. On his own. I took Tucker to a baptism of one of his friends, and while we were gone, Ben decided she needed a haircut and did it himself. What is funny about this though, is that he did not mention one word to me when I got home. We got home pretty late because we went to their house after for hot fudge sundae's. We got home around 10. Taylor was already in bed, and Ben was just heading down to go to bed. I put Tucker to bed and had to hop in the shower, because Sunday mornings are just busy. So I usually shower Saturday night. I hopped in the shower only to find big clumps on blonde hair in the bottom of the tub. I immediately went into her room to see if what I thought was true and sure enough she was there sleeping in her crib with about 4-5 inches off of her hair!
045
The next morning Ben had an early morning meeting, so we were still asleep when he left. I didn't see him until we showed up for Sacrament meeting. You can imagine I wasn't too happy!!!
573
I'm getting used to it now, and actually think it's really cute. It just needs to be straightened out a bit. Apparently Ben thinks he is a barber because he buzzes Tuckers hair every few weeks. I tried to explain to him that girls hair is a little bit different! :) 
It looks so cute curled though:
570
Of course, this is her normal reaction when I get out the camera:
558
Luckily the month only got better for her, and of course, nothing happened that a lollipop and Dora can't fix! :)
201

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

I CANNOT believe Ben did that. I would have been livid. Though I have to admit, I like her hair short (I'm a sucker for a bob-cut on little girls). Glad Taylor is feeling better!

Kelli said...

Haha, I didn't even notice, so he must have done a good job! And actually, I didn't even notice her front teeth. So either they look really good or I'm just not observant. I remember when Tuck had his done that they looked different. Good idea with the compact, I may have to try that!

Josett said...

So funny that Ben cut her hair!!! He did a pretty good job. :) I love reading your blog and hearing about your adventurous life!