Thursday, December 20, 2012

Finch with the Kids...

Like I've said before August, September & October were SO packed with photo shoots, that I rarely had a night to spend with my kiddies. One particular day, I had an engagement session scheduled at Finch Arboretum  A beautiful Arboretum on the West side of town. It is just gorgeous in the fall and the perfect picture spot. Kathryn met me right by the park and was going to take the kids to run some errands with her for an hour or so during my session. After I dropped off my kids, but before I got to the park, I got a call from the couple, well, from the girl. Her fiance had been out hunting the night before but promised to be back by the time of the photo shoot. He wasn't back. They had to cancel. I can't say that I was TOO disappointed. :) I quickly called Kathryn, who hadn't gotten too far, and she turned around and dropped the kids back off with me. Instead of going home, I decided to spend the beautiful fall evening taking pictures of my own kids (which I don't do enough of). It was such a fun time with my kids and I was SO grateful for the cancellation. I'd much rather spend a few hours with these two any day!
1605

1608

1612

1613
Tucker had to go, and when ya gotta go, ya gotta go! Luckily he had Taylor to stand watch for him!
1645

1731

1740
And of course, a spontaneous dance party happened...
1765
Then they found the cool old tree (that I always take clients to-really cool textures and angles)
1779
Sliding down the big roots...
1821

1826

1838

1870
I *tried* to get them to sit down for some actual quality shots during the course of the evening. Taylor of course, refused, but I got this one to actually sit down and smile for me, at least! :)
1635

1707

1790
I love his cute laugh:
1795
What a fun evening with my kids! I need to take them out more often and play and take pictures of them like I play and take pictures of the families I photograph!

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

Beautiful photos. I love that park. We used to go there every year for Memorial Day. Glad you got to spend some quality time with the kids!