Friday, March 1, 2013

Carrie Underwood...

So my dad is totally hip with the times. Me...not so much all the time. But he seems to always know when concerts are coming to Spokane and big events like that. So one day at the beginning of December we were at his house, and he suddenly says, 'Oh, Carrie Underwood tickets go on sale today!' and my first thought was how did you even know Carrie Underwood was coming to Spokane and second, how did he know that the tickets were going on sale that day??? One thing that he isn't so hip on is technology, so he had me get on-line and order all of these tickets. One for him, one for Kathryn, one for my aunt and one for my uncle, a few for my cousins. I was getting a bit jealous that he was buying all of these tickets for everyone else and I wasn't getting one! j/k :) But I forgot about it shortly there after, and didn't think about the concert again, I didn't even know when it was. BUT... on Valentines day a few weeks ago, he shows up at my house with 2 tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert for Ben & I!!! I was so excited!!!! Ben was there when he gave me the tickets, and actually knew that my dad would be giving them to me. So when I looked at him with excitement, and said 'OMG we are going to the Carrie Underwood concert!!!' his response was, 'Well, I would love to go to the concert with you and I totally will, but really, I could care less about Carrie Underwood, so why don't you invite one of your lady friends!' 
Sounded like a good idea to me! :) ha ha!
Katrina is one of my most favorite people in the world and one of my best friends, so of course, she was first on my list!
IMG_2451
My Aunt, Uncle and two cousins, Trinidy & Kristin came up for it and spent a few days with us. It was fun getting to hang out with them! 
Here are Trin & Kristin before the concert:
IMG_2454
The four of us girls were on the floor, while the old fogies sat up in the seats, although their seats were pretty good, too! (Kathryn even fell asleep during the concert!!! We won't let her live that one down!!) :)
A young kid that I had never heard of opened for her, Hunter Hayes. I guess he is the Justin Bieber of the Country world. He was OK.
I really just wanted Carrie. And she did not disappoint!! Everyone, and I mean Everyone had their phones out taking pictures and recording the whole thing. I'm not that good with my phone yet, so I didn't document anything during the concert, but I did have my little point and shoot camera, and here were the best shots I got:
IMG_2466

IMG_2469
She got in this little mini-stage thing and like floated around the arena, it was pretty cool. She came really close to us!
IMG_2470
Katrina and I had a great time just people watching and believe you me, there were some good ones! :)
IMG_2471

IMG_2481
She did put on a good show and it was so much fun! I realized that the last 3 concerts I've been to, I've been pregnant. 7 years ago, when I was pregnant with Tucker we went and saw Tom Petty with our good friends, the Nelsons. When I was pregnant with Taylor, I went to Kieth Urban & Little Big Town with some friends, Heidi, Shar & Danna. And now this concert with this little guy! Maybe that's why my kids love music and to dance so much! :)
IMG_2484
Thanks so much dad for the tickets and thanks Uncle Scott for taking us all out to dinner before; I am one lucky girl!!!

1 comment:

Rosie Moncrief said...

Looks like a fun girls night!!!