Monday, October 7, 2013

September...

Lots of fun things going on in September. We got to go to our first Qunicenera! A girl in our branch, Stephanie, daughter of one of my good friends, Antonia, turned 15. It was a blast! :) It was a first for me, and my friend Connie who is also in our branch. We sat back together, and just enjoyed the show! (and the delicious food!) :)
Stephanie with her dudes. I'm not sure what they are called, but she had 4 boys from our branch all dressed up sitting at the head table with her, wearing her same colors. Here are Alonzo, Stephanie and Johnny, Alonzo and Johnny are two of Ben's young men.
IMG_0013
Stephanie's amazing dress:
IMG_0029
Taylor enjoyed herself! That's not unusual, she pretty much does where she goes! :)
IMG_0007
And was dancing as the people all ate their food:
IMG_0023
Then the real dance party started, and you know Sister Anderson was willing to dance with Taylor. They are both party animals and dancing fools! This all happened after a choreographed dance with Stephanie and the boys. Then her coronation, where her mom gave her a crown, then Stephanie and a little girl who was also part of her 'court' who was wearing a dress like her, did a dance. And then Stephanie changed from her tennis shoes to a pair of high heels signifying her becoming a woman and then it was a dance party! :)
IMG_0042
Stephanie & Alonzo:
IMG_0049
Adrian & Brian: Two more of Ben's Young Men.
IMG_0053
Taylor had me dancing most of the night so my friend Sonia hung out with this little dude! :) (Tucker & Ben had left early to have some much needed boy time together. A quincenera isn't Ben's idea of a fun time, believe it or not!) :)
IMG_0059

Soccer has started again! woo-hoo! Tucker loves soccer, and I love watching him play. We are on a new team this year. I think that they disbanded the team from last year, as I keep hearing that none of the boys on Tuckers soccer team were playing this year. I had requested to be on the Sunrise team and was a bit disappointed when he didn't get on that team, but then found out that his team is kind of a mis-mash of different schools, and he actually has three boys on his team from sunrise, I wasn't so upset. THEN I found out his coach is the husband of a girl I grew up with and ran with in high-school whom I actually love, and I got even more excited. He is a football and baseball coach at CV, his name is Ryan Butner, and their son Beau, who is on the team is awesome at soccer.  And because he is in the middle of football season at the high-school, he was afraid he wouldn't be able to make every game, so he asked his brother in law to help who has coached soccer for years, and whose son is on the mens soccer team at Gonzaga University! So these boys are in very good hands! This season has been awesome. It is like night and day watching their soccer games compared to last season. They are actually learning moves and passing and playing the ball rather than just running in clumps up and down the field, hoping to kick the ball somehow. It is amazing! I am so so so happy with this team we are on. They decided to name themselves The Barcelona Lightening. (awesome name!) 
IMAG0954
So our Saturdays are mostly filled with this:
IMAG0817
Tucker has been doing awesome. His favorite move is the pull back, and he has actually used it a few times to move the ball away from the opposing team and pass the ball up the field. I am very impressed! He did it once in a game that was awesome, so we all told him how awesome it was, so now he may try a little too hard to ALWAYS do that move, but he's learning! :) A few weeks ago my dad called from Alaska to wish Tucker luck in his game, and told him that he would pay him $5 for every goal that he scored in that game. Well, that must have been the motivation Tucker needed because he made 5 goals that game! It was awesome. They are so much fun to watch! He usually has at least 2-3 goals every game now and I am just so impressed with how much he's grown as a player. His coaches are awesome!
IMAG0942

IMAG0944

IMAG0001
This season has been a wet one! So this is how Ben, Taylor and I have been watching the games:
IMAG0941
My cute little cousin, Kjersti got married. Her new husband is Seth and this was the first time I had met him and he is so cute! Here she is with Seth (wearing the boutonniere) and her good friend from high school, Michael, who has come to many a family function over the years! :)
IMG_1169
My sister was in town that weekend and also a lot of our cousins came up for it:
IMG_0998
My beautiful Aunt Sherry! It's always fun when Aunt Sherry comes to town! :)
IMG_0990
Some of the little cousins dancing. That Jackson is hilarious! I was so happy that Alicia and her family got to stay with us, it was fun having them here. She has a Jackson, too! :) Tucker and Jackson are good buds.
IMG_1025
Any chance Taylor gets to dance is a good day for her! She was teaching Kenzie her moves!
IMG_1034
My cousin Nicole is getting married in December, and I got to meet her fiance for the first time too. Taylor was impressed with his dance moves! :) He was so cute with the little kids!
IMG_1040
And now you know why my children are so crazy! It's in their blood! Any time spent with the Edvalson side of the family is a party! :)
IMG_0884
They're all crazy! :) But that sure is why we love them so much!
IMG_0947