Saturday, February 15, 2014

January according to my phone...

Well, I thought I was done with January photos, until I found all of these on my phone before it died! :) Luckily I got them all off! But here goes, January according to my phone:
Grandma Glo send up this awesome battery powered car for Christmas! The kids have loved it, and on the first day it wasn't too cold to ride, they went out. They only lasted a few minutes, they had to try it out! The maiden voyage went pretty well!  :)

This little lady is such a ham! She loves to be the center of attention and make people laugh! (I don't know where my kids get that from!!!)
Lovin' on her little brother! Also, started spiking Jacksons hair when he gets out of the bath, which I think is adorbs!!! :) It usually stays like that until his next bath! :) Ben was horrified the first time thinking that I had put gel in our 8 month old's hair. Nope, just a little lotion on the hands after bath time, and viola! :)
I got Jackson a new toy in hopes of encouraging him to sit up a bit better on his own. I still have to put pillows all around him, but he does just sit there and play with his new little toy. I think it's so cute! :)
We took some time to re-vamp Taylors room! :) It was just SO not Feng-Sui and it was starting to drive me nuts! I took out the bunk bed since we never used the top anyway, and then we could put her bed under the window giving her a lot more wall space. Santa brought her a really cute doll house that needed some space, I didn't want it to end up in the living room or something!!! (my kids have WAY too many toys!!!)
I absolutely love the way it turned out! It is so adorable, and she just loves to hang out in there and play now, it is wonderful! We all do! :)


Here is some photographic proof that we really do love to just hang out in there:
Jackson asleep on her bed one afternoon:
And just staring out the window! One nice thing about our tall tall ceilings and windows is that both of my kids have pretty cool views from their rooms! It's fun to just hang out and check out the scenery!
We also did a little Valentines decorating. Taylor and I made this banner with just dollar store foam hearts and stickers! I love the Target dollar section. We had fun doing it, too! She is my little friend.
If the kids read 300 minutes a month, then Pizza Hut will give them a coupon for a free personal pan pizza. I love me some pizza hut, so we saved some up, and headed out with our friend, Owen. These two boys are connected at the hip! :) But I do love me some Owie, I'm glad Tucker has a good friend like him, he is so very sweet. Tucker started out the school year with 300 being his monthly goal because that was the minimum, but then told me he wanted to try for 500, then the next month it was 700, then 800 and now he's up to 1000 minutes of reading (extra reading) a month, and he's done it one month so far! He loves to read, and I'm so glad he does. He's always been my smarty pants!
So, the last week of January I wanted to lose some weight for Mexico. I tried this lose 10 lbs in 10 days program where you basically only eat salads, canned chicken (or tuna or salmon) and apples for 10 days. I've never been one to stick to a diet very well, but for some reason this was easy for me. And I did it! I lost 10 lbs in about 12 days. (that is how many days I did it before Mexico.) Really it was a starting point for me just start being more conscience of what I'm eating and when and how much, which is definitely not one of my strong points. I did my fitness pal religiously and I felt great! I would still make dinner for my kids, but I would just always have my apple and canned chicken or salad, and my crazy kids always wanted their own can of chicken. They loved it, and canned chicken wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. So, I had to laugh and get a picture of my kids eating canned chicken for dinner:
{real classy!!! Apparently pomegranates, popcorn and canned chicken was on the menu that night--yum!!!}
And this is what this boy looks like eating, I couldn't leave him out of the food pictures:
I took these pics of Jacks and Taylor on the night before we left for Mexico when I was getting a little sad to be leaving them for a week. I looked at them a lot while I was in Mexico! :) I just love these little ones too much!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oooh, Tater's room looks great!