Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Reunited and it feels so good...

Here are some highlights of our time spent with family down in Alabama this Christmas:
All of the kids got new riding toys from Grandma & Grandpa. This motorcycle was a hit! We had to leave ours down there because we just don't have the space to bring things like that home. I'm hoping maybe this summer I can some how figure out a way to get at least one home. We'll see. Luckily, Elijah was more than willing to share his new motorcycle. These two were so cute, and played so well together this trip.
This is what happens when your mom and two of your aunts stay up WAY too late watching 'snapped' a photo-shoot happens wherein you are dressed like a shepherd. Luckily he doesn't seem too bothered! :) We spent entirely too much time laughing about this and taking photos... :)
My cute happy boy:
Of course, the I-pad is still the ever popular game of choice:
These older cousins couldn't get enough of their new little cousin, Jackson.
Sophie & Jacks:
Joshy & Jacks:
Everyone had left to go home by Saturday or Sunday, and we still weren't flying out until Tuesday. So it was just us and Meribeth's family for a day or two. It was actually really fun to have some one on one time with just their family and grandma and grandpas. It is usually so crazy and busy, it was nice to have some down time and quiet time with just Meribeth, Ryley and Kaiya! I'm actually really glad we had this time together with them since they are moving to England next month and who knows when we'll see them again! It will be WAY too long!!! I miss them already! We had a great time with just their family! Uncle Ryley and the girls:
Of course, when Aunt Meg's there, she is the ultimate, supreme fun aunt that the boys just love to climb on and wrestle with. It wouldn't be a family trip without an Aunt Meg wrestling match:
My two cute boys:
There's always lots of lounging and enjoying the kids. It's one of my favorite things about visiting Alabama. Grandma and Aunt Lynlee watching the kids:
We did some of our annual holiday shopping in shifts. While I was at home with the kids, we made some cookies. Fun times with these three little ones! All of them have such fun and spunky personalities!


Of course, Ben always tries to help and get as much stuff done as he can for his parents to help them out while he is there. This year his task was to power wash the house. I don't know if he was expecting it to take as long as it did. But he worked long and hard on it! But it looked great, and totally made the house look like new, it was amazing! Totally worth it!
My silly boy with his new Auburn hat. I thought it looked so cute on him!!
Oh my....this bear outfit. Quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen! I was so sad that it was a Carters 6 month outfit. It fit him this one day and this one day only! It will most definitely be passed down to the next grandbaby, whomever he or she is! Those cheeks!!!! I want to eat them!
My father in law has such great taste! :)
Another Alabama tradition is the bonfire and roasting of marshmallows. It still is so funny to me how their bonfire season is the winter. As it is just way too hot in the summer. I couldn't imagine building a bonfire here in Spokane in the winter!!! :)
It's also a good excuse to burn all of the toy boxes and garbage, so Ben and Taylor had to bring a few loads down in the tractor.
Jackson and I enjoying the fire:
Grandma also found an old box of fireworks that she wanted us to get rid of. So we set all of them off! It was so fun! Ben also may or may not have accidentally pointed a few at us, and had to shield us from wild fireworks!
This boy is so funny, he slept awful the whole time we were down there, but slept right through the fireworks!
Of course, it's the south, two HUGE things are football and food. Alabama played in a bowl game while we were there and it couldn't be watched without a feast. (especially with all of these Alabama fans in this family!) One of the many reasons I love my in-laws. We did an appetizer night, it was like the superbowl for us. And it was fan-frickin-tastic!!!! :)
Besides falling in love with his Aunt Meg, I think he fell in love with his Aunt Lynlee:
Especially after this incident wherein she let him eat off the beater of the fruit dip, he couldn't get enough! That aunt Lynlee is always sneaking treats and sugar to our kids!
I'm so sad that these girls won't see each other for a while since they are moving way across the ocean. Luckily they got in lots of snuggles and play time...

We flew home on the day of the BCS National College Football championship game. Which Auburn happened to be playing in. Auburn is Ben's team,and has by default become our whole family's team. We are an Auburn family. Which was really dissapointing t my mom this year because they were playing Florida Sate for the Championship, and Florida State has been her team since before I was born, and I was born and raised a Florida State fan. Anyway, Auburn is not too far from Atlanta, and it's right on the way. So, we stopped on our way to the airport that morning, and I had to get a picture of Tay on the Auburn Tiger! War Eagle!
Our flight home went well. Just long, as usual...
The kids started out happy enough. I always try to have ample toys and games and activities for them to do:


One major blow-out:
And a few tantrums later, this is what the end of our journey looked like:
{notice both of them are in new clothes outfits...}
One last picture of Grandma and all of her 16 grandkids. Not all smiling or even looking at the camera, but this is the best we got! :) I sure do love these people!

No comments: