Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ode to January...

Luckily we came home to a VERY low key January. We had absolutely nothing on the docket, and I was so very happy about that. In fact, we can sum up January in just one post! woo-hoo!
We also came home and I had a new color on my bathroom walls!!! That Ben, you give him a week alone without us and he gets things done! Bye bye pepto bismal pink! I had been hoping and wishing that bathroom wall color away for years. Finally, it was gone. These aren't the greatest pics because they are taken with my phone, but the color is a great mix of warm and cool grey. It's perfect, I absolutely love it!
CAM00756

CAM00757
I also got to surprise Ben with some things. Like this super fancy flannel jacket his dad sent home with me...
CAM00753
The first few days were spent putting together all of the kids' awesome new Christmas toys. Like this awesome new race track that Jackson got from Santa. Only had 44 steps to put it together!!! :) ha ha
CAM00755
This little boy got a haircut and all of the sudden went from 18 months to 18 years! How did that happen???
CAM00806
This boy continues to sleep in his crazy positions. It shouldn't even shock me anymore. I walk in to check on him, and he's like this:
CAM00783
So Ben posted one of his Facebook pet peeves about bad breath. AND then he tagged me saying no offence to my wife but.... And I got so mad at him! Of all the things to post about me on facebook, he chooses to tag me in his bad breath post?! Really? So, I then continued to sent him pictures of me over the next few days of me brushing my teeth. Here are just a few...
CAM00810

CAM00811
Oh, and then he left us again. He went to install a fence at my grandma and grandpa's house. Well, his crew did. He went to make sure everything went smoothly. They stayed in a hotel in Walla Walla over night. And, you know what it means when daddy is out of town for the night. We get these:
CAM00819
Also, the night Ben was out of town, I happened to be driving by the CV reader board and saw that they were doing a mini cheer camp for little girls. It happened to be the next day. So I called, and we got Taylor in. She was super excited. They went to a 4 hour mini camp that night, and then they got to perform at the CV game on Friday at half time with the big cheerleaders. It was super cute. Luckily Heather Silvey's little girl was in it too, so I had a friend to chat with while we were there.
CAM00814
My momma came in to town for a Dr. appointment. Kayla is coming in February and she is going to get her hysterectomy while she is here and we can take care of her. She didn't stay. She drove up for her 11am appointment and the older two were in school, so just Jackson and I met her for lunch downtown at PF Changs (YUM!) and it was  perfect little lunch date with my mama. After, she left to drive back to M-F.
CAM00831

CAM00829
These two cuties had a play date. Lanie Jo is the absolute cutest thing ever. Her mom was one of my roommates at BYU-H and they are in the same preschool. Their family is actually moving to Alaska for the summer, then they are going to go to Florida and stay there for a month or so, Jeff has a job to do there for a while. Then they are going to buy an RV and take a few years and travel across the country with just their little family. Stopping for a month or so at different spots along the way. It sounds totally fun to me. I'm excited for their adventure. Courtney was trying to get their house ready to sell, so I offered to take her girls every now and then. A lot of times I had all three, but mostly just cute little Lanie Jo after preschool. She has the best smile! :)
CAM00834
Waiting for Tucker to be done at school:
CAM00833
Finally Friday night came, and it was time for Taylor's big performance!
IMG_3059
Oh my gosh, they were so cute! I could tell she was a little nervous, so  we got there early, and I kept on prepping her. She was excited, but also all of the sudden really nervous. Ben showed up right before the performance, and it was so cute! It took her a little bit to get into it. I love this picture because all of the other girls are doing their thing, and Taylor is still a little shy, the only one in focus, kind of figuring out if she even wants to do this! :)
IMG_3065
They did three different dances, and finally she started to get into it a little bit:
IMG_3068

IMG_3073
I thought she would love it, and she did, but I just don't think she liked the performing part so much. She was yelling those cheers for weeks at home, and even told me that the CV Bears were right up there with her teams like the Raiders, Auburn, Seahawks etc!!! :)  And it's a good thing because that's where she is going to go to High School! :)
IMG_3072

IMG_3075
She, of course, immediately found her daddy. She's such a daddy's girl.
IMG_3077
I love this girl so much and was so proud of her for doing something that was scary for her. We'll see if she wants to do another cheer camp anytime soon! :) But for now, I'm so happy with the little lady she is becoming.
IMG_3078
Since we had a Monday off in January for Martin Luther King day, we decided to clean up the basement. One of these days we'll get this thing finished. For now, we will try and at least keep it organized. I don't like to go down there much, and it was finally just getting too much for me to handle. Of course, Tucker makes everything fun and crazy...
1421609938514
This guy's obsession with 'bops' continued. I have to make sure our house is continually stocked. He loves them so. Here he was at church double fisting it. Of course, just as I snuck this picture, he put one in his mouth and wouldn't take it out. The nerve!
1421620689793
I'm grateful for a low key Jaunary that let us rejuvenate after a busy holiday time. I feel like we've been going going going since Thanksgiving!
We were ready to get back into the Holiday mode, and had to decorate for Valentines day. Feburary is going to be a busy one, so I'm grateful for the downtime of January.
IMG_3079

IMG_3082

IMG_3083
Feburary is sure to be a good one. We have Valentines day, and birthdays and family coming into town!

No comments: