Saturday, January 10, 2015

Christmas in Alabama 2014- Everyone left us!

Because we bought our tickets so late, they weren't the cheapest. The cheapest tickets back were for January 7th. Like $350 a pop down to $180 a pop. We knew that for that much of a price difference, we had to wait it out. Even though it was well after school had started for Tucker, and well after everyone left for home. And we knew Ben would need to go home earlier, and so it was easy to justify a ticket for him to go home earlier. At the time I didn't think twice, we could totally stay there for a few extra days, even without Ben and cousins there, it would be totally fun. And it was totally fun. I was SO ready to go home at that point, though, and that was really the only downfall. We got lots of grandma and grandpa time to ourselves, even though they both had to go back to work. 
We sent lots of pictures like this to daddy whom we were missing so much:
CAM00705
We sent pictures like this to our cousins, whom we were missing dearly...
CAM00713
We sent more pictures like this to daddy. 'Mom, send this picture to daddy to show him what I drew for him'...
CAM00711
We got to go to grandma's library. And we are SO very excited for grandma that she gets to retire this year, but we are going to be so sad that we don't get to enjoy these perks anymore! :(
IMG_3014
I love this picture of my two boys. Just sitting in the window nook at grandmas library...
IMG_3011
All three of my cuties...
IMG_3015
Also, I saw these two pictures on my mother in law's fridge right next to each other and it made me realize just how much alike Tucker and Taylor looked. They were both about the same age at these pictures, and they have the exact same face shape and eyes. Pretty crazy!
IMG_3007
Then there's this one and I'm not sure where he came from! :)
CAM00719
We got to open up all of our fun toys that we got for Christmas. This was Taylor's nice little mess...
CAM00725
Luckily my father in law had just gotten a new car (the one that Ben popped the tire of in DC) but hadn't sold his old CRV yet, so he let us drive around in his nice new Honda Accord. It is amazing. We went to the children's museum and to feed the ducks. 
IMG_3020
Montgomery has the best little children's museum and it's totally free. Well, it's donation based, so we usually throw in a few dollars. But for the price, it's pretty amazing!
Tucker's favorite:
IMG_3029
Taylor's favorite:
IMG_3038
And Jackson's favorite:
IMG_3050
Another picture to send to daddy. 'Tell daddy I made this for him'...
IMG_3053
This was a pretty regular meal for me while I was there. Soda and chips for breakfast...
CAM00729
Finally we were off for our trip home. We loved being at grandma and grandpa's house so much, but were definitely ready to be heading home!!
One last stop at Chic-fil-A before I headed back to the sad Chic-fil-A less land that I live in.:(
CAM00730
Luckily they had it in the airport right at our gate. Two Atlanta staples right next to each other. I got Chic-fil-A and the kids got Varsity Hamburgers. The Varsity is an Atlanta Original and staple.
CAM00738

CAM00739

CAM00736

CAM00742
I know the real reason he wanted on the table--my little soda addict!
CAM00740
Atlanta gave us the most gorgeous going away sunset. This picture doesn't even do it justice though, there were a whole gaggle of us lined up at the window taking pictures. My phone takes crappy pictures!
CAM00733
Playing with their new plane ride toys to bide the time for our flight...
CAM00731
Finally we were homeward bound. It was, thankfully, an uneventful flight and we had plenty to keep us busy! I am getting tired of these late night flights with kids. Poor Tucker had to go to school the very next day. Luckily it was late start.
CAM00752

CAM00750Can't complain about our wonderful Holiday season this year. We truly are so very blessed to have wonderful families and wonderful friends and people in our lives.

No comments: