Monday, February 29, 2016

Back to Reality...

Life got right back in the swing of things with having to cook for the Blue and Gold Banquet THE DAY I GOT HOME! I got home on Tuesday around noon and Angie, Maria and I had been asked to be in charge of the food for the Blue and Gold. Angie had gone to the grocery store the day before and we cooked for like 4-5 hours that night! We made some delicious Barbacoa Chicken though, if I do say so myself! I am so lucky that I get to learn to cook from some of the best cooks I know! And I get to hang out with some pretty awesome ladies while I'm at it! :)
Taylor was such a great little helper that night. She ALWAYS wants to be in the kitchen with me!
20160223_191000 
I mean we're talking pounds and pounds of chicken here people! Those Hispanic people don't really know how to cook any other way!
The next night was the Blue and Gold Banquet and Juan performed. He is so awesome!

I had to get a pic of these besties. They love each other, and Ben even gave him a little smoochie to prove it! :)
Of course, no Mexican Fiesta would be complete without a pinata!

Notice the only adult in the mix with all those kids....ha ha....only Ben!
After the Blue and Gold Banquet was over, I basically wanted to stay in my pj's for a few days and recover from all the traveling and cooking! :) ha ha. Luckily, I had a few days to just hang with these kids. Get the house cleaned and organized, get unpacked and back to reality.
I had to love on this boy as much as I could. My little bubba.
Taylor and I kind of obsessed over the Maroon 5 video SUGAR. Where they go around for the day and crash as many weddings as they can in one day. It is such a fun video and Taylor and I watched it on repeat for hours! :) It was so nice to just hang with the kids and enjoy them after being gone.


Look, I even took way too many pictures of just the video...ha ha. I must have been really into it! :)
Taylor was so inspired by the performances that they put on at the weddings, she decided that she needed to put on her own performances. I love that about her. She gets so inspired and so creative. I just love her!

Friday was mustache day at school and Tucker wanted his to be like the guy on the PF Changs logo and Taylor wanted hers pink. So, they both got what they wanted. I'm just glad that they are both still in the stage where they want to do things like this.
Jackson had to get his picture taken after I took the picture of the other two...

Tucker is reading an almanac book that has a chapter about feng shui and Chinese traditions etc... One of them is about how it is good luck to put three pillows on your bed and then the animal of what ever the animal of your birth year is. We looked up all of our birth year animals and Tucker was adamant about making our beds just as such. 
He was born in the year of the dog:
Taylor is the year of the tiger:
Our year was the year of the lamb:
He made sure all of us had good luck.
We had a few dance parties. I love these babies of mine. It was so nice to just be back with them. I really just wanted to hang out with them all day.




I also had to take some time to thank all my wonderful friends who helped watch my kids. I think I had a total of 9 friends helping me while I was gone.
We did a lot of snuggling and playing...


Saturday night we went out to dinner with my dad and Kathryn to celebrate that we PAID OFF OUR LOAN TO HIM! WOO-HOO! We went to Cedars in CDA. It was such a fun night and I don't think I've laughed so hared in a LONG time! Of course, Ben had to hold my dad's hand for the pic.
Ben's thing with the kids is that after church he takes them home, and they love to ride in his truck with him after church. Well, this week after church, Ben let Jackson drive and so now, you know what he is going to expect after church every week! :)
We ended our week watching a movie with popcorn on Sunday afternoon and spending some time  all together.
20160228_144537

No comments: