Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentines week...

Trying to get ready for Valentines day class parties and Taylor's birthday were my big agenda items this week. Of course, the week started out as usual, gymnastics on Monday's and Wednesdays like usual. I love it and I hate it. I love it because she loves it and I love going and having some chat time with the other mom's whom I love. I love it because she is getting SO good and I love watching her do something she is good at and loves to do. I love it because I really do love feeling like part of a community there. All of us moms and coaches there are friends and family. I hate it because it is an hour and a half two days a week!!! Ugh....
20160208_172737 
Tuesday was the 100th day of school and the kids got to dress up as old people. Tucker, of course, was totally up for it. Taylor didn't want to. Maybe next year she will be more excited. Stuff like this is right up Tucker's alley though, and he went all out.
We tried to make his hair grey with baby powder. It didn't work quite as well as we had wanted, and even after multiple showers, it was coming out everywhere!
Tucker: 'Taylor pretend to push me over and I don't have my cane.'  This boy!
I screenshotted a pic of Ellie, my friend Abbey's daughter. Her personality is VERY similar to Tucker's and Abbey and I called it long ago that they will date in high school. These two just crack me up! :) One day we will get to show them these pics and we will all laugh! :)
Jackson had to try on all of the old man clothes that Tucker wore and wanted his picture taken like Tuck.



Tucker was so sweet, and checked this book out at school for me so I could read up about Florida before going there! :)
Class parties were on Thursday this year because they had a snow make up day on Friday and didn't have school. I love going to the class parties. I may not get in to help much, but I can go to the parties! :) ha ha
I love this girl so much. I love going to her class and watching her with her friends and teacher. They all love her and I don't blame them. 'Ice skating' on hearts.
Getting to decorate a cookie:
And finally getting to open up her Valentines!! Woo-Hoo! I love reliving things like this with her. She gets SO excited about things like this!
Up next was Tucker's party. Luckily, because Taylor is in morning kindergarten, I can help in both classes this year. Next year I will have to split.
They played this really fun dice game that I am going to have to remember. They go really fast exchanging/stealing/giving candy to each other.
There was also a photo booth and another mom took pictures of them and printed them for us.
They got to make their own frame for the picture that was taken of them:
He got to make a Valentines day monster:
And finally, got to open this Valentines with his buddy Caden.
Friday was no school, but Tucker went to his friend Cody's house to play so that meant that the littles and I got to make the brownies that grandma sent us:

They live for things like this and since I was a lame mom and didn't plan anything, this was what they got to do. It ended up being perfect.



I FAILED majorly at Valentines this year. I was so busy, that poor Ben got the short end of the stick. In my defense, he was sick, so I cancelled what I had planned for him. We were going to do lunch and massages on Friday since that was the only time I had to celebrate during the weekend. Then we both got sick and he got it worse than me, stuffy head cold stuff. I cancelled our massages for a time when we were both feeling better.  That left Friday night AND Saturday night busy for me and him home with the kids. poor guy.
Friday night they asked me to take pictures at the Adult Stake V Day dance. Woo-Hoo! :) Ben came with me that night but only lasted there for about 20 minutes since I was in the back taking pictures all night. He wasn't feeling well and he wasn't feeling IT. :) Yulissa was at our house with our kids and he just left early to go home.
He did have me take his picture before he left though! :)
And I did convince him to take one with me.
I thought these chairs were so cute. I was coveting them. And I did have some friends show up, so it wasn't all that bad. But for next year, I think I'm going to have to pass on the V day dance pictures.
Saturday I was busy from noon to 10pm doing a wedding. I love doing Temple weddings, and it was a fun nice day, but I wish I would have realized sooner that it was going to be the day before Vday and that both Ben and I would have rather spent the day together. But again, lesson learned.
I did get to spend the day with this cute couple:
And that wasn't so bad. It was a long and exhausting day and I was happy to have Sunday to just relax.
Sunday we had a Regional Stake Conference broadcast from Utah. I opted to stay home with the kids. I know, it's bad. I just have no desire to take kids to Stake Conference type of events. I never get anything out of them. Ben went alone. So, while Ben was being spiritually fed, I got to spend my morning with the likes of these crazies:

Oh, and this one:
20160214_132812
Ben came home and we did a little family puzzle...Happy Valentines day to us! :)
 Then I didn't even plan anything fun for dinner. I failed SO hard this year. So, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches it was this year. Taylor wanted to make a salad to go with our meal to be 'healthy' and so she gathered up some 'healthy' items and put them together for her salad. It included:
cut up apples, cut up carrots, cut up mozzarella cheese sticks and croutons. YUM!
And just so you know, this is me failing to cook at my failed V day dinner meal. Tomato soup all over the stove! :) Ben cleaning it up for me. :) My sweet Valentine. I should also note that I woke up on Sunday morning to chocolate, Roses, cards, a new chopper, a new bedspread and a new scale. All things I had been wanting. He is so good at gift giving. I had nothing for him. NOT A THING. After I cancelled our lunch and massage, anything romantic related left my mind as I prepared for the weekend. I gave him a rain check. Totally lame.
But, I sure am lucky that this is just one of many many many Valentines that we get to spend together! :)
posing outside the temple copy

No comments: