Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl week...

This week was a fun one! Started out the week with a fun FHE with the Wiberg family. We love them! Home made pizzas were a big hit! I just got one of those 12 packs of Naan bread at Costco and viola! It was perfect for the kids and adults! And oh so yummy! I love them with just a little bit of butter and garlic.
Even cute little Alina was in on the pepperoni action! Oh my gosh, I love her!
And of course, Jackson....
Tuesday morning Jackson and I just relaxed all morning. I've been trying to focus on him more instead of just trying to keep him busy while I get things done. I played and played with Tucker so much when he was this age, and poor Jackson gets jipped in this department.
So, me and him watching a movie in my bed in the morning. I love my time with just him. I was laughing so hard when he put his arms up like this!
We also busted out some of our valentine display. I knew Taylor would be so excited to come home to valentine decor. I did realize that we need to update our photo banner. Poor Jackson, gets the shaft again, on that, too!
Wednesday came and Tucker was 'sick'. He had came in the night before late and told us he didn't feel well. The next morning he was still playing it up. And even though, I knew that, I still played along. Sometimes kids need a break every now and then. I was happy to have him home for a day with me. Right around 10 o'clock he perked right up and wanted to know what the plan was for the day.
I decided that since we all knew that Tucker was playing hookie, we might as well enjoy the day together. Subway for lunch, ok!
Stop by to Owen's house to bring him a milkshake because he just got braces? ok!
I love these cute little friends. They've been friends since they were babies and are more like brothers.
A few other errands (like a stop to Katrina's house to bring her a soda because she wasn't feeling well, and dropping off some photo discs), Gymnastics and then off to Young Women's it was. I love these girlies. We combined with the Pines ward to plan our New Beginnings program. The beehives are in charge and we are going to do an Olympic theme.
I was looking forward to Thursday all week. Pedicures with the ladies. This was actually my very first pedicure. I hate people touching my feet and even here I was squirming and not enjoying it. I saw all of my friends relaxing and enjoying it and I just couldn't. Michelle got induced on Friday so this was her makeshift baby shower since she was in the hospital for her last one! I love these ladies. They are really the only reason I ever think about not wanting to be in the Spanish branch. I really do love it, but when I think that I could be in the Evergreen ward with these friends of mine, I get kinda bummed!
Meg, Janette, Marianne, Michelle, me and Angie....
After Pedi's and diet cokes, I came home and Taylor and I got to work on our valentines. She is so sweet and wrote a little v-day note for every class member and, all on her own, sealed them up in envelopes. So they are like legit cards. She also wanted to give out Swedish fish which I couldn't find in individual bags, so I had to get bigger bags and divide them up! And, of course she had to add stickers and stamps and glitter, because when this girl crafts, she CRAFTS! And that's one of the reasons I love her!
I also made my v-day cards for my young women. I was so giddy doing these. I found this meme on line and printed them out and taped a treat to them! I CAN NOT wait to give them to my girls! :) ha ha! I love me some Ryan Gosling!
Friday after school Tucker had Caden over for a late night and we had pizza and popcorn and watched the movie 'Inside Out'. Caden had never seen it before. After Caden's mom came and got him, Ben impressed us with a floor routine. He really missed his chance at stardom, he could have gone places with his talents! I didn't get great shots because it was so dark, but you get the idea! :) The kids were laughing so hard!
Ben let me sleep in on Saturday which was wonderful! I am so lucky! I woke up to everyone hanging out watching cartoons and Jackson making himself comfortable in daddy's 'hole' is what he calls it! :)
Then Ben took the older two to his office to do some chores to make some money and it was just Jackson and I at home all afternoon. I thought I would be able to relax some more, but I should have known that there would never be a dull moment with this boy! It was so sad, I heard him around the corner saying, 'there's no mirror in there.'  MOM! There's no mirror in there. So, I went to see what he as looking at. When I turned the corner I saw him like this, and realized he was saying, 'dere's no me in dere.' I had never seen him sad like this and he was so distraught. He was pointing to a picture that he wasn't in! It broke my little heart! I quickly showed him a picture of our family with him in it, but it took him a bit to get over it.
I tried to console him, and this is the look I got!
Next up was jumping and swinging on Tucker's bed. A favorite past time of his right now, especially when big brother is gone!
Getting upset at mommy when she wouldn't let me play with her phone. (he has it so rough!)
OH! Finding mommy's goal chart and completely RUINING it!!!
Getting on the counter and drinking the last of the milk...
Mommy's changing the garbage? I better investigate this a little more...
This boy is go go go, and I love him for it! It keeps me on my toes, for sure!
Ben came home from Costco with the big kids and we all headed to the stake center for Luna's baptism. Ben was baptizing her, so we kinda had to be there! :) ha ha.  I realized that I had taken pictures of my self with Tucker and Jackson before my last two Saturday dates, so I took a picture of me and Taylor this Saturday. Ben and I had gotten a babysitter for after the baptism to go out, but decided before the baptism that we really just wanted to get in our pj's and watch a movie after the baptism, so we cancelled. :) Totally my kinda night!
I realized when we were on our way home, that I forgot to take pictures of Ben and Luna. :(
We did stop by the car wash on the way home and Ben was determined to get Jackson to like it, even though I warned him.
And although, he WAS very concerned, at least he didn't scream and cry this time! :) I just love his little worried look. And, of course, whenever he is nervous, he puts his little hands in front of his mouth and it is so cute! :)

The next day at church, I made sure to get a picture of Ben and Luna together. He had to dunk her twice because he said a word wrong, and the poor thing doesn't like water to begin with, but they got it done, and it was a very sweet baptism, and then for her confirmation, he gave her the sweetest blessing, and I'm so glad he was able to do that for her! I hope that she remembers how she felt!
 Sonia was leaving right after sacrament meeting to head back to Tri Cities, since they had just moved there, but I was glad to see her for just a few days. Luna had really wanted Ben to baptize her, so they had come back just for the stake baptism!
 Since I was already in the foyer doing pics, I told Antonia that I would take a pic of them, too. Baby Mia del Carmen was blessed, and she is the CUTEST little thing in the world!
 I will never forget her hair during her blessing, it was so wild! I just love her!
 Also, President Lopez wants me to start doing a spotlight on a family each month to put on the bulletin, and so I also took a photo of the Lisseuir family. Another great family in our branch! I took the photo and interviewed them and fount out that hermano isn't actually a member. I had no idea!! They aren't married, so he can't get baptized, but they've been together for 18 years and I just love them! Their sons are two of the young men that spend a lot of time at our house with Ben and they are seriously the best boys! I just love them! Looks like we need to get Domingo on the roll of marrying Lili! :)
 After church was the SUPERBOWL! The past few years we've just spent it with dad and Kathryn and it's perfect because we get to enjoy the game and the commercials, and have YUMMY food!
Even though Cam Newton is a punk, because he played for Auburn, we kind of always cheer for him, so once our Seahawks were out, we were Carolina fans. Even though I do love Peyton and was kind of hoping he'd get a ring, but don't tell my family that! :)
Taylor is a loyal football fan, so here are some signs she made...
I enlisted the help of Jackson to mash the avocados for the guac and he broke my bowl! Who knew he had superhuman strenght! :) I've made guacamole in this bowl a thousand times, and have never made a scratch and he puts a HOLE in it?!

And, of course, Kathryn makes everything oh so cute. This is the cake she made! It was a fun evening watching the game and eating yummy food and of course, between my dad and Ben, laughing our heads off! Until dad takes it too far and offends people!! :) HA HA
It's been a good week! Even in the day to day mundane things in life, I feel we are so very blessed!

No comments: