Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easter...

I know, Easter was like so last month, but these pictures have been hanging over me like the plague, and I've been trying to ignore them, but I just can't any longer. :) I hope you'll bear with me through this Easter post. Its a little long and there are far too many pictures, but are you really that surprised at this point? I didn't think so! :)
Our Easter was really great this year. My mom, brother, sister in law and nephew all came in town. Tucker loved having his pal, Keyton in town and the weather was great that week! We couldn't have asked for anything more.
We did a lot of playing outside with grandma and Keyton...
We even needed our shades. It was great. Grandma got Tucker a new pair for the summer...
We played outside up at my dads house:
Watched a few movies at Papa's house:
We colored some Easter eggs up at Papa's house:
On Saturday, my dads ward was having an Easter breakfast/egg hunt. My dad was in charge of it, so we all went.

The boys had so much fun finding eggs, and especially getting the candy at the end. (egg hunt #3)
Easter morning Tucker woke up to a trail of eggs that led him straight to the treats that the Easter bunny had left... yum! (yes, he wore his shirt from the day before to bed because he fell asleep on the way home.) :)
I love that he is finally getting to the stage where the little things about holidays excite him so much! If you notice in all of these pictures, his face is pure excitement and bliss... :)




After opening his basket, we quickly got ready for church and went with the whole family to my dad's ward.


After church we went back up to my dads house and had a wonderfully delicious Easter dinner. My dad's cooking is the best. We are so spoiled! :)




After dinner we had another (the 4th and final of the season) Easter egg hunt for the boys. We hid the eggs we had dyed the night before. There were only like 8 eggs. So we kept hiding them over and over. They had a blast.




After the egg hunt we came inside and got even more treats from the Easter bunny! We are so lucky! Thanks Easter Bunny!!!!
This is far too much candy to have in the house...
Phew...glad that's over with. :)
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter spent with loved ones and remembering the true reason for the Holiday!
My new favorite Easter quote is by Jeffery R. Holland:
'One of the greatest consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so.'
It is so easy to get caught up in the secular commotion of the Easter season, which we did, (making sure I had enough treats for Tuckers basket, making sure we dyed eggs etc... etc...) that sometimes I forgot the true and awesome reason for the holiday. I am truly grateful to the Savior for walking that lonely path, for taking upon my sins, for dying for me, then resurrecting so that someday I might be able to do the same. What a perfect gift he gave us and what a responsibility we have to always remember why we are here, the reason for all of this hoopla on earth. It isn't to make sure our son has enough dollar store toys in his basket to fill it up, it is to teach our son the gospel truths so that one day we can be with him forever, along with our Savior. How lucky we are to have the truth!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay! I've been waiting to see all the Easter pictures! We have such handsome boys!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

When you post, you post! I love all the latest pictures. You guys have sure been up to a lot of fun lately. Love his new hair cut!

Darci said...

I love your reflection at the end of your post. We are blessed.
Great pictures of Tucker. His expressions are hilarious.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Wow how fun!!! You guys are always doing something fun. You make me feel lame and boring!! Thanks a lot. Love the matching outfits the boys had. So cute. It looks like Tucker loved all the easter treats as much as Olivia did.

Rosie Moncrief said...

You took some really great photos!!! I wish I had gotten an Easter basket like that! I didn't even get one!!!