Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On being a mother...

Mothers day this year was wonderful. I got the best present ever...sleeping in!!! Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a morning person. I was so so so happy to not only be able to sleep in, but to also wake up to one happy husband and one happy child, making me scones and bacon for breakfast. A perfect start to a wonderful day! :) (flowers and a home made card added perfectly to the pleasant start.) :)


Once again, I am behind in my blogging...big surprise! :) I, like the rest of the country, have been thinking about mother hood lately. (something to do with Sunday being mothers day...I don't know?!) :)
I just can't believe how fast the time goes. I can't believe how in just two short years, my entire world has been flipped upside down. Every single priority in my life revolves around this one little tiny human being. Every thought that consumes me (99% of the time) has to do with him and his well-being and happiness. (except when American Idol is on...) :)
I am so grateful for this little man in my life. He teaches me so much. I am constantly humbled and motivated to be a better person. Realizing the HUGE responsibility that is mine to ensure that he grows up to be a contributing citizen to society is at times overwhelming. But even more overwhelming is the fact that it is MY responsibility to teach him who he is, why he is here and to make sure that he is confident and strong enough to make good choices in his life, so that he will be TRULY happy! And so that he will be MINE forever! :) ( and that's a thought that makes ME very happy!) :)
{Our mothers day photo-2009}

I started this post when it was closer to Mothers day and had to add this picture we took after church on Mothers day. I got to take care of 10 toddlers in nursery at church this mothers day. Happy Mothers day to me! :) Luckily Tucker is one of them, so I can handle it. Plus the year is already almost half over, so we are already half way done with our calling (but who's counting?) :)
I really am so thankful for being a mother. I'm grateful for the smart, sweet and loving child that Tucker is. I'm in love.
And I'm grateful to my own mother for birthing me, putting up with me, and loving me all these many years. So much of whatever is good in me is because of her.
Thanks mom, I love you!

6 comments:

JAMIE said...

teach me to be like you!! I want to be a cool momma like you!! You are the best!!

Madsen Family said...

happy mother's day, my dear friend. you are a wonderful mama. it has been so fun to see you transform into this wonderful, wise and fun-loving mother. tucker is so precious--i really can't get enough of him--too bad he lives so very far away. i hope he knows what a splendid mother he has and i hope he appreciates (at least one day) all you do for him. happy mother's day!

Philip and Melissa said...

i love that dirty face...that's how my little one looks all the time. so cute sister.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What a cute picture of you two. I just love his little smile! I'm glad you had a great mother's day.

Rosie Moncrief said...

You are awesome! I can't wait to see you in June if you're around!

Darci said...

Cute picture of you and Tucker. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day, even though you had to endure nursery. We do have a wonderful role as mom's, don't we.