Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweet Natalee...

Today I am asking for a favor from the blogging community... my sweet cute little cousin, Natalee has been diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma.

Essentially it is Cancer of the Kidneys. It is very rare in children. It started in her left kidney and the doctors do not know what causes this cancer in children. Because it is so rare, there is not an established treatment method. She was lucky enough to be able to get into surgery today to have the tumors and her kidney removed. We have been fasting and praying as a family for the outcome to come back in a positive way. We are still waiting. A blog has been started on behalf of those who know and love her for status updates so my aunt is not overwhelmed with phone calls and visitors. If you are interested, you can read more here: LOVE NATALEE.
I am asking that you, my friends, keep her in your prayers. We are confident that with the faith and prayers of many, we can see miracles happen.
We love you Natalee!

3 comments:

Darci said...

Oh, Taraka. I am sorry to hear this news about your cousin. We will keep her in our prayers. She looks like a fighter and I'm sure she's strong like her cousin, Taraka.

JAMIE said...

I am so sorry. It breaks my heart. I don't completely understand what it is she has. But I will pray for her and your family

Stacey said...

Taraka I just cant stop thinking about your cousin. My prayers are with you and your family. Having a sick husband is so difficult, but the thoughts of having a sick child just multiplies that 10 fold. It breaks my heart. I will be following her story, and praying for the best.