Friday, April 9, 2010

Grandma Glo's visit...

Ben's mom came to visit us during her spring break, and we loved having her here! We were still in newborn mode around here, so we didn't get out much, but we still had a lot of fun playing inside and doing the little things. Tucker is pretty easily entertained! :) But Grandma got a lot of baby time, and that was what she came here for, so I hope she had a good time anyway! :)
We did make it down to Riverfront Park one day. It was a little chilly, so I didn't want to take Taylor out for too long. But they did get to ride the Carousel. Tucker saw the carousel and was so excited, and I didn't understand because he usually hates carousels, but him and grandma went for a ride, and he actually liked it! It was the first time I had actually seen him enjoy it! Well, the first few rounds, he didn't look too happy, but after that he seemed to have fun.
014
We fed the ducks. We forgot bread, but we had just eaten Mexican food for lunch, so we fed them leftover quesadillas. :) The ducks downtown are crazy! They were seriously getting so close, and just wanted more and more.
021

023
We, of course, had to stop at the garbage goat. Yeah, we really know how to impress grandma here in Spokane! :) And the garbage goat didn't disappoint! :) I was watching this show on the Travel Channel of the top things to do as you travel on I-90. I-90 is the interstate that goes from Seattle to Chicago and it goes right through Spokane. And the garbage goat in Spokane made the list! It is a must stop here in Spokane! :)
Anyway, here are the pictures to prove how cool it is!
024
I can't tell you how many pictures I have of myself on this garbage goat, from over the years; And now here is Tucker's first one of him on it! :)
025
Ben, Tucker and Grandma Glo at the falls. The falls were kind of lame this year since we didn't get any snow, but Grandma didn't know any better, so shhhh...don't tell!
026
This is what Taylor looked like in her little blanket tent on her stroller...so cute! I can't get enough of this girl!
019
It was time for grandma Glo to leave and I realized, because we hadn't done much all week, that I didn't have a picture of her with the kiddos. So, here's the best we got on her last day here!:)
281
We love you Grandma! Come again soon!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

aw, the garbage goat. last time we went there to see it and show my parents it wasn't working. :( I still remember my first time seeing that goat when Allen brought me home to meet the family for Nathan's homecoming. Good ol' goat.