Sunday, April 11, 2010

Speaking of names...

We had our little Taylor girl blessed while Ben's mom was here in town. It was so nice to have it while she was here. We wanted to do it while she was here because she had brought with her this absolutely beautiful southern blessing gown. It is the same dress that my niece was blessed in a few months ago in Alabama. The Pyper side of the family is out numbered with boys. My Sister in law just had a little girl and so my Mother in law got this dress for the girls to wear for their blessings. Anyway, we were so glad that Taylor was able to wear it and she looked just darling in it!
She didn't, however, enjoy us putting it on her. :) I was so glad that Ben's mom was here to help get her dressed in it.
095
And finally coming to terms with the fact that this dress was going on, no matter what! :)
105
Oh, look at that sad sad face...
112
We were going to do it during Sacrament Meeting, but we didn't plan too well and found out last minute that our ward was having ward conference that week, so they didn't want us to do it during sacrament meeting. Anyway, long story short, we ended up doing it at our house with all of our family after sacrament meeting. I actually really liked doing it at home, really intimate with family. It was such a sweet blessing. There is nothing better than watching your husband bless your sweet baby girl, giving her a name and a blessing. It was a great blessing, and we are so blessed to have little Taylor Rae in our family!
Taylor and her daddy...
115
Tucker wanted to put his hands on her head, just like the other guys did, so he got to do it after the blessing...
117
Here is my family that was present. Allen & Kelli came up from Quincy so it was nice that they were there with us. Nathan & Angie were in Hawaii, and we were sad that they weren't able to be there with us.
128
And Grandma Glo and little Taylor. It is Grandma Glo's father whose middle name was Taylor. So it was great that she was able to be there while Ben, who was named after her father, was able to bless his daughter with the same name.
113
Here are the two Campbell granddaughters...
114
And our little Pyper family. I can't believe we have two kids! It is still crazy to think about sometimes. I swear we just got married last week! Is it just me, or is Tucker just so handsome??? :)
122
Me and my beautiful baby girl!
132
{I just love that gorgeous dress--Thanks Grandma!!!!}
I just had to add these pictures, because they are so cute. After we took off her dress, I sat down with her, and she was just smiling and smiling. (And yes, after taking off her headband and seeing that red mark on her head, I don't think I'll be putting a headband on her again any time soon!) Anyway, she was just smiling and smiling away...
147
And instantly pulled this face! I am so glad my mom caught it on camera! :)
145
I just love our little girl! I can't imagine our family without her.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

What a gorgeous dress!!! She is so beautiful and you look fantastic! Aren't girls so much fun?

Madsen Family said...

How do all the Pyper babies get those chipmunk chubby cheeks? I just wanna pinch 'em amd squeeze 'em. She is a doll--and you look great, by the way. And, of course, Tucker is so very handsome!

Kelli said...

That really was the prettiest blessing dress I've seen. I wish I had been able to hear more of the blessing, but someone had to keep Keyton from continuing to yell "Tucker! Tucker! Come play with me!"

Darci said...

So sweet! I love the little family pic. You are one proud mama and rightfully so.