Sunday, February 13, 2011

Last Hawaii post...

OK, I really need to stop looking at these pictures over and over and over! Ben and I have been in mourning since we've been home! It was REALLY hard to leave the island and say good bye to paradise! (and come home to freezing weather!) But I've got to get back to reality here, people! :)
Seriously though, on our way home, we were going through every scenario we could to get ourselves back to the island. Like, how can we live in Hawaii forever? hmmmm.....
I was so so so excited to get home and see my babies! 11 days gone from them was a LONG time! It was funny, we VERY purposely planned this trip just the two of us. Our friends whose house we stayed in, even called us a few months before we left and asked if they could come. Ben told them that we really wanted it to be just the two of us. And we had considered having my mom or dad fly over with the kids for the last week; but we nixed that idea as well. It was funny, though, after 4-5 days we were thinking that it would have been great to have the kids with us. Or have some friends with us. :) Now, don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of our vacation and am SO glad we got to do this without the kids, I just think that 11 days is a long time to be away from them! I found myself thinking, 'oh, Tucker would love this, or I wish I could Tucker could see this, or do this' Anyway... now we know for next time, and I really can't wait to come back here with our kids one day! They would love it! But we were so lucky to have my mom stay with the kids! Thank you Thank you Thank you mom, we are so grateful for this time we had just the two of us! What a wonderful grandma my kids have!
Anyway, here are a few more of some of my favorite pics!
Hawaii1 2011 044
On our way to dinner one night! I am a total packaholic! Seriously, 25+ different outfits for 11 days on a beach? What was I thinking?!
This is a really old/cool church downtown in Kona. We walked by it a lot and every time, I thought it was so beautiful! Hawaii is such a Christian state, I think because Christian missionaries were some of the first to settle in the islands. Anyway, there were very cool and old churches EVERYWHERE! I don't think I've even seen that many churches in the south! :)
Hawaii1 2011 055
Hiking along the water one day...
Hawaii1 2011 153

Hawaii1 2011 147
The day we hiked to Akaka falls, along the path...
Hawaii1 2011 129
On the hike down to the black sand beaches on the north shore...
Hawaii2 2011 179

Hawaii2 2011 180
Ben feeding a bird at dinner one night...
Hawaii2 2011 071
Black sand beaches...
Hawaii2 2011 204
The Lava flow fields...
Hawaii2 2011 292
It's amazing that anything can grow at all in the lava land...
Hawaii2 2011 299
The most AMAZING sunset at southpoint...
Hawaii2 2011 329
Thanks grandma, for watching the kids! Thanks to all our friends who helped by giving my mom some much needed breaks from the little ones while we were gone! We are so appreciative to everyone!
And most of all, THANKS Ben for planning the most amazing trip ever! I am SO lucky!

No comments: