Monday, May 30, 2011

My birthday...

I am so spoiled! I know I am. Ben always makes me feel so special on my birthday and really works to make things fun for me! This year he planned a surprise dinner with some family and friends at a new Asian buffet here in the Valley. It was kind of crazy with me trying to plan things, a few of my friends trying to plan things and Ben trying to plan things. But in the end it worked out and I was totally surprised! :) What I thought was going to be a small dinner with a few close friends turned into a little surprise party! :)
He even got me an ice-cream cake- My favorite!!!
Me & my little brother, Nathan...
Me & Tara...
Me, Ben, Nathan & Angie with my mom. She came up just for my birthday! Thanks mom!
And all of us with my dad. My mom didn't realize her camera was on Manual focus so it wasn't focusing right for these pictures.
And me and my girlfriends who came...
A few days later one of my best friends, Katrina took me downtown for Olive Garden lunch and some much needed girl time and shopping with our friend Tara. It was so nice! :) I am so lucky to have such great friends!
THEN.... Just when I thought my birthday celebrations were over. Ben surprised me EVEN more. My mom was here and so I guess he thought he'd take advantage of that and booked us a hotel for the night and surprised me with WICKED!!! :) Wicked just happened to be in Spokane, and I really wanted to go. But with plane tickets and trek stuff and other stuff, I just couldn't justify spending the money on going. Well... Wicked does this lottery ticket thing. Where for every performance they do a lottery to people who enter to win tickets. So, we had to be there two and a half hours early to enter our names, it is open for a half an hour and then they chose names. My name was chosen so I got two tickets and they were only $25!!! I felt so lucky! Wicked, dinner at the Catacombs and Creme Brule for Dessert; It was the perfect night!I love my husband!
Ben didn't love it, but I thought it was so cute; and I can see why it's a perfect girls night.
Ben and I before the show...
The next morning, it was so nice to just sleep in and relax reading my book before out noon check out.
My mom took the kids to Chuck E Cheese (of course!) that night for dinner and these are some cute pics I got off of her camera. I love my kids! :)
Taylor is a dancing maniac. Whenever she hears music she stops and starts shaking her little body!
Tucker in deep concentration...
She has so many expressions, I love it!

Once again, I felt so loved and spoiled on my birthday and I am so very grateful for my wonderful friends and family who make me feel so special!

2 comments:

Teryn said...

Happy birthday Taraka ;) It looks like it was a fabulous one. Loved all the pictures and Taylor was so cute at chuck e. cheese!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it turned out great.