Sunday, November 6, 2011

KJ comes home...

My cute little cousin, Kjersti got home from her mission to Brazil. She got home the Friday before Halloween, so we were able to have a fun filled family weekend with aunts, uncles, cousins and grandma.
We all went to the airport on Friday to welcome her home! It was quite the spectacle, and so much fun to be there with family whom I love!
My cute cousins with their missionary sister...
Tucker snapped this picture of Taylor and I at the airport...
Me & KJ...
The next day we had a family get together to celebrate her homecoming and also the birthday of my other cousin, Alena and Alena's daughter Adalynn's 1st birthday. My grandma came up for the day/night as did my mom, my aunt and uncle and another cousin from Portland, and 4 of Kjersti's siblings. It was so much fun to be together as a family. We are kind of overloaded with girls on my moms side of the family. Like my uncle said, ' There are only 6 testicles here and a whole lot of ovaries!' :)

My cute cousins, and cute little Adalynn enjoying her first cake...
Taylor playing with Auntie Darryn...

My Wori & grandma...
Taylor being her crazy Taylor self...
Tucker had been eyeing the cake the whole night, until finally it was time to eat it! :)
I am so proud of Kjersti and her missionary service. It was so much fun watching a slideshow of her mission and hearing her stories, it made me think of Chicago! She is so cute, I love how she would unknowingly add Portuguese words in the middle of all her sentences. Her homecoming on Sunday was so great, she really has grown a lot as a person! We love you Kjersti and are happy to have you home!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Honestly, I forgot she was even on a mission, let alone old enough to be on one. And I must have completely forgotten Alena had another kid! Man, this brain of mine is getting bad! I'm not surprised by the testicle vs. ovary comment...that was Brent, right?