Thursday, November 24, 2011

We are grateful...

We are grateful in our home today. I put up this poster on our fridge a few weeks ago with high hopes of filling it all up with our gratitude. We did it as much as we remembered, but weren't as diligent as my original plan! :) But still, I love looking at it and seeing all the sweet things that my family members have written. The very first thing Tucker wrote, all on his own, was 'Geses' (Jesus). So sweet! It will definitely be a tradition and hopefully we'll be better next year! And of course, Taylor had to add her two cents to it!
We spent the glorious day at my dad's house eating delicious foods, relaxing, chatting and skyping with family members, playing and launching kids in the air and just having a good time. We also watched the movie 'Tangled' which I loved. It was a wonderful, low-key day. And of course, with my dad at the helm, the food was to die for! :) We are so spoiled!
I am grateful for kind and generous parents.
I am grateful for a kind and loving husband who is the best dad ever. He not only wants to spend time with our kids, but he enjoys it. He is supportive and understands my needs and I'm grateful that 8 years ago I decided to hitch my wagon to his. My life has been blessed for it! I am also grateful that he makes me laugh almost every day! :)
I'm grateful for tradition. I made my grandma's pumpkin pies for the first time and I was shocked that they were just as good as when she used to make them! :) (It's ok, you can be impressed!) :) I am grateful for a wonderful extended family whom are my friends.
I am grateful for friends. I got to hang out with this lady all weekend and we had so much fun! She is one of my oldest and dearest friends and I got to meet her little man, Ryder who is two months old-he is so sweet! I'm grateful for her and the time we've shared and the love and support. She has helped me through tough times. I am also grateful for my new friends. Some of my best friends I've only been friends with for the past few years. I am lucky to be around some pretty amazing people, old and new. I love my friends, I feel so supported and loved all the time!
It was also Tuckers actual birthday, but with all of the past celebrations, we kept it low key for him. He got to open a package from my mom in the morning and we played with his new things until we went up to my dad's house in the afternoon. (More on him in another post!)
I am grateful for my two beautiful kids. This little boy is so sweet and kind and is seriously the best big brother. He is always thinking of Taylor and I love watching them together. They genuinely love each other. I am lucky to be their mom!

The day before Thanksgiving, on Wednesday, Tucker's preschool had a little Thanksgiving feast where they got to eat some yummy snacks and learn about the first Thanksgiving meal. The parents were invited, so of course, Taylor and I went. They made pilgrim hats and bonnets for the boys and girls and Taylor even got one. When I saw how cute they were, I had to get a picture:
I sure do love these cuties! I have a lot to be grateful for!

No comments: