Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas day...

Somehow I convinced the kids that Santa prefers Diet Coke this year for Christmas. I was pretty proud of my self. We had made cookies earlier with Kathryn and Papa, so we had them all ready to plate for Santa, Taylor had even colored him a drawing-totally her thing right now- and we were set!
IMG_5697
Ben and I have a tradition of watching 'A Christmas Vacation' on Christmas eve while wrapping presents together. Well, let's be honest, I do the wrapping and he lays on the couch, but we're together and we are enjoying the Christmas spirit together, and I love it. All set and ready to go:
IMG_5703

IMG_5707
The next morning Papa and Kathryn came over and they even made us breakfast! It was so nice. We had bacon and muffins and cinnamon rolls. It was delightful not to have to make a nice breakfast after a late night of wrapping presents and packing for an across the country trip!
IMG_5715
Jackson wasn't sure what to think of it all. All he knew was that he was ripped out of his bed and thrown into a world of chaos...
IMG_5719
He eventually got the hang of it! :)
IMG_5716

IMG_5725
This is always my favorite Christmas. The one where I can give the kiddos the gifts that I have picked out for them. To watch their faces and excitement. And to just be all together as a family with no other distraction or worry. I love Christmas morning!!!
IMG_5730

IMG_5733
And even more of those excited, happy faces...
IMG_5752

IMG_5820
Jackson's big gift was a box of balls. I had been picking up balls at the dollar store, the dollar spot at Target, you name it, little by little. It was the best present for him. He loved it so much!
IMG_5779

IMG_5799
Then we were off to the airport... Papa drove us, so that he could take our car back. It was a lively group we had that morning...
CAM00608
We got to the Spokane airport in just enough time to find out that our flight had been delayed. So, we had 2 more hours IN the Spokane airport than we thought, but we made the most of it.
CAM00611

CAM00615
Finally we were off....Alabama bound! Woo-Hoo!
CAM00619

No comments: