Friday, November 16, 2007

Our Trip to NY...

Tuck and I just got home from New York! Tucker was so sad to leave his new best friends, Josh and Jessy. We had so much fun, it was the perfect mix of hanging out and relaxing; and going out and visiting different places. Their house is beautiful and they are going to be such good parents to their little guy whose on his way, Tucker just loved them.
I had to start off with this picture, because it wouldn't be a trip with Jessy without one of these pictres of us. We used to have this pose down to an art, but you can tell its been awhile, since we are a little off center. Our favorite things about New York were:
staying in our PJs until 2pm
Baking Cookies
The Beautiful City of Albany
Oh, and I can't forget Schenctady :)
Veronica Mars
Throwing up in Carseats (that was Tuckers)
chili cook-offs
Running down the battery in Jessys car
Gogs (again, Tucker)
Taco Soup
The Freedom Trail
Listening to our '90s songs on the way to Palmayra
Thai food in Albany- Yum!!
Crawling all over Josh (ok, obviously NOT me)
Visiting John, Becky & Little Lucy
two words: Cheesecake factory
(have you noticed that most of these have had to do with food?)
And of course, the Sacred Grove was the best...
This is the Palmyra temple, it was so beautiful. Usually if you've seen one mini-temple you've seen them all...but the Palmyra temple was so beautiful because the windows are stained glass, with trees representing the sacred grove.

And this is us in the log house. This is the house that the Smith family lived in when Joseph had the first vision. It was so small. Its hard to believe that such a large family lived in it, and that such amazing things happened right in this tiny little room in this tiny little house.

This is the frame house, that the Smith family lived in after he had gotten the plates. This is where he had to work so hard to hide them from the people who were out to get him and the plates.


And the beautiful beautiful Sacred Grove. I loved just walking through it and thinking about what happened here. (and picking up leaves)

And here is the hill cumorah. Ben once told me that he ran up this hill. I am so impressed now, this is a steep hill to run up! (We drove up) I'm so proud-Thats MY husband! :)



And look at these buddies. Tucker loved his new friend Josh. This was a pretty familiar sight, Josh carrying around Tucker for me. Thanks Joshy...Hes just getting to be such a big boy! :)

And this is my cousin, John and his little one, Lucy. She is so gorgeous, and looks just like her daddy! (sorry, Becky) They just happen to live in Albany, so I got lucky and was able to spend some time with them as well. Poor Becky just had shoulder surgery (say that three times fast), and wasn't able to do too much, but we did eat like the best Thai food I have ever had at this little place just down the street from them. Lucy is only a month younger than Tucker and is just this tiny little thing. They got along very well, they are going to be the best of cousins.



And the last stop during our trip to New York was a visit to Boston. (Believe you me, I deserved this trip after all the teeth pulling I had to do to get Jessy to take us there :) ) ha ha-just joking Jess. This was Tuckers first train ride--into the big city.
At the park in downton Boston, they had this really cool playground that Jessy, and now I, loved. With this really cool bouncy floor. So we had to let Tucker get out some of his wiggles, after all morning in the car and train.

And then off to the Freedom trail-- Yes, this is the freedom trail a glorious red line through the heart of Boston showing some historic sites that took place in the area so that we could enjoy freedom in this country. Jessy and I worked very hard to ensure that Tucker or his stroller were always touching part of the Freedom Trail while we walked through downtown Boston. :) Oh, I had the best clam chowder in Boston. It was fun just spending the day walking the streets and enjoying the city. I'm a city girl, I love big cities and exploring, so it was great. And we even accidentally walked onto the set of a movie they are filming in Boston right now.


And I had to end with this picture. This pretty much sums up how Tuck and I felt about our trip. It was so great! We were so sad to leave Josh and Jessy. Hopefully we'll get to come back to visit soon and maybe Tucker and baby Willy will even be friends.... :)
PS...Things I'm greatful for after this weekend: Huggies Diapers. I bought a pack of Target brand to take with us just before we left and had never used Target brand before, and I was sorely disappointed. And I love Target, just as much as the next girl, but when Tucker went through atleast 2 outfits a day because he had leaked through, I really missed my Huggies.

3 comments:

jani said...

How fun! I love visiting new places... Apparently we've got to get to Boston too!

Madsen Family said...

Yeah for your updated blog! I can now die happy. Now it is time to update mine, since I can steal all your pictures. But you pretty much covered everything, though, so what am I to do???? I LOVE the last picture of Tucker. Too cute. Shortly, mine will be updated, so hold your horses, girly:)

Madsen Family said...

Taraka--I am really hurt that you didn't post that picture I took in Boston of the "city". I am getting the sense that you don't think it was a good picture. From now on, you can take your own pictures, so there....PS I updated my blog. I wanted to put more picutres on, some including you, but it was NOT working for me and I got so frustrated, I just QUIT. So, sorry your pretty face isn't featured, but I do talk a LOT about you. Check it out.