Friday, November 2, 2007

Our wonderful Fall adventures...

We have had so much fun this fall! The Northwest is so beautiful this time of year. I love the changing colors of the leaves and snuggling up with a cup of hot chocolate by the fire and of course, going to the pumpkin patch and getting our pumpkins, and eating carmel apples and pumpkin doughnuts, I could go on and on. We went up to Greenbluff with our friends Doug and Sadie when they were in town visiting. It has become tradition with us that no matter what, every year we go to Greenbluff and celebrate the Fall and Halloween together. And Tucker loved it! He was crawling around everywhere and getting dirty and playing with the pumpkins and putting everything in his mouth. It was so much fun and of course, I went a little overboard with the pictures. But we had lots of great photo ops.






Another Greenbluff adventure in the books for the Pyper-Agurkis clan. Can't wait until next year! :)



This is like my all time favorite picture of Tuck. He could not get his mouth open wide enough. He loved the carmel apples.



And we love the pumpkin patch so much, we had to go back. We went back with my friend Megan and her kids. This is her youngest, Owen who is just a few weeks older than Tucker. And it is so cute, they are just little buddies. Whenever we get together they interact so good together. They found pumpkins just the perfect size for them.
So we also got some really great Rasperries at Greenbluff, and in my efforts to domesticate myself, thought that it would be a great idea to try and make some Rasperry Jam. With the help of my loyal friend Sadie that is. Everything was great, and although I didn't have quite the right size of pan the insrtuctions said I would need, we didn't think it would be a big deal. Well, after getting scorched by boiling rasperry jam and literally having to hold the pot in the air just above the burner while it boiled for 6 more minutes,we had 12 beautiful jars of Rasperry jam! :) I can not tell you how proud I am to be able to say that I made my very own jam. And its not half bad if I do say so myself!





Ok, so its been almost a week and I am still trying to clean this burner!


But I say CHEERS to us, Sadie! :)


And finally... This is Halloween night. We went to a trunk-or-treat at the church and it was so much fun! Our little pumpkin barely had to dress up since he already has the pumpkin cheeks going for him. This was the same pumpkin costume I wore when I was little. My mom made it! I have to say he was the cutest little pumpkin there! These pictures are from before the fun even began! I also have some really cute pictures from after the trunk-or-treat that I will post as soon as I get them from my sisters camera!

I can't wait for the rest of the holiday season, the fun has just begun and I'm excited to enjoy all of these wonderful adventures and times with our little family.

3 comments:

jani said...

Thanks so much for the jam Taraka! Especially the efforts it took for you to make it! Tucker is so stinking cute-- and I don't just say that because he reminds me so much of Bryson at that age *grin*

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Meg's blog. Tucker is so cute.I just love the cheeks. He looks like a little chiller. I am so glad that I went to Jessy's shower yesterday. It was good to see old friends. We had some fun times growing up in 10th Ward. I want to stay close with you gals. Let's get together for a play date. Give me a call at 998-0040, email me at adamson.sweetpea@gmail.com, or check out my blog at tida6.blogspot.com. I have a moms club, too that I would love for you, Meg, and anyone else to join. The blog is http://www.softspokenmomsclub.blogspot.com/
I mean what I said about exercising togther. I have On Demand workouts and a ton of DVD's like Taebo, pilates, and yoga. Dave bought them hoping they would motivate him to workout and so far I am the only one that uses them. It would be fun to workout with some friends. We could really have some fun!!
-Tiff

Madsen Family said...

Taraka, I keep looking at your blog, just so I can see Tucker. I miss Tucker. He is so stinkin' cute. All last night I kept telling Josh, "I miss Tucker" (and you, of course). I would just walk around the house, saying, "Gog! Gog! Gog!" but it just wasn't the same. When do you think you can come back? Hopefully soon! I'm glad you made it back safely. Can't wait until you update your blog so that I can update mine:)