Sunday, January 18, 2009

Old friends, Crafty things and such...

I'm going to start doing a Sunday Summary, so all that I miss throughout the week I will get to on Sunday. For posterity's sake! :) This week I have some things that are from the past 2-3 weeks, so hopefully from here on out, I won't have such mammoth posts! We'll see! :) I'm more of a picture person, so my documenting consists of a lot of pictures.
Here goes...
I've wanted to stay in a lot this past week. Just tired and in the winter lull...you know, after the holidays, its cold and wet outside, you just want to stay cozy and warm inside.
We have been doing a lot of hanging out at home:
Still playing with a lot of our fun toys from Christmas:
Tucker can't wait for it to warm up to take this baby outside! :)
I've had some old friends come in to town.
Emily was here for Christmas, her sisters threw a baby shower for her. It was fun seeing her and catching up! And Joette was there and it is always wonderful to see Joette! :)
Jessy came in to town this week. I always love having Jessy here and now its even more of a bonus because she brings that cute little Will of hers! :) Tucker and I love us some baby Will! :)We got together at her parents house with some old friends. My friend Gen also just had a little baby, Wyatt, 6 weeks ago! He's so adorable-I couldn't believe how good of a baby he was! Good thing that I have such great friends who are great mothers to teach me how to do things! :) We're just a bunch of tired, worn-out mama's now! :) (you certainly can't tell in this lovely picture, though!--that was sarcastic!!) :)
We were at the Enloe's watching American Idol this week and I think that Carter is becoming a bad influence on Tucker. He is a monkey man, he climbs on EVERYTHING! I think its adorable! :)
Next think I knew, Tucker was up on the counter with him and they were throwing magnets on the ground! We found them like this during one of our commercial breaks! :) Too Cute!
Olivia was getting into the American Idol spirit and put on a little show for us! Here she is rocking out...
And taking a bow...
And just trying to woo us judges in this one...
I've also been getting really crafty these days! I love being crafty and making and creating things. I'm not good at like coming up with my own unique things, but when I see things that I like, I can usually re-create them pretty easily! I made all of these necklace, bracelet and earring sets for my sister-in-laws on Ben's side of the family. I thought that they turned out pretty cute!
Doug and Sadie came into town from Seattle this weekend. Sadie is an awesome knitter and makes the cutest baby hats and mittens. She is going to be in a trade show next weekend in Seattle. We worked hard all weekend to get her prepared! We made a cute tablecloth for her booth and some cute vases to put on it! I think that they turned out great, if I do say so myself! We also made her some awesome fliers and business cards! We were working women!!!

Doug and Tucker both love their puffy vests, and Tucker was so excited to match Doug this weekend! :)
And of course, Tucker was following Buddy around and abusing him all weekend. He still hasn't learned the difference between loving on him and abusing him! Poor Buddy is probably very happy to be home and Tucker free! :) Here he is saying goodnight to Buddy!
Another side note about this week is the fact that our ward boundaries changed! A LOT (as in most all) of our good friends are out of our ward! We were excited for the changes at first, but it really hit us today as we went to church and felt kind of lonely with all of these new faces! I love change and welcome it and embrace it, so I'm not devastated. It's not like any of our friends moved, we still live the same distance away, we can still be friends. We have just been so used to sitting with our friends at church and being with them all of the time, going to activities, and meetings-it just won't be the same without them! I guess it's time to turn a new leaf (is that the phrase?) and get out of our comfort zone and meet some new people! Although, I'm sure our new friends could NEVER be as cool as our old friends!!! :)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so good to see you also.. you have no idea how you lifted my spirits that day... you are so inspired!!

Heather Wiberg said...

Taraka- Love to read your stuff! we missed you yesterday :( but we will not let you get rid of us that easy. We will get together soon. Cute Tucker pictures.

JAMIE said...

I love your posts. I don't comment enough on them...but they make me happy. I have been in a comfort zone for 2 years---I don't talk to anyone ever, and I realized that this is bad. It is easy to slip into just what is easy isn't it? I know you two of all people will embrace your new boundaries and meet so many people

Darci said...

Embracing the change is good, but it is still tough to not see your close friends as often. It looks like you had a great time with friends. Hopefully the weather will allow poor Tucker to play outside soon.

Steph said...

Cute pictures, cute jewelry, cute Tucker!! :) I always enjoy your posts! Things are crazy...I have a feeling that February will be better ;)

Ken, Kendra, & Kyson Nhep said...

I can't believe Gen's pic... it's been ages and I kept thinking she may have had a baby. I'm glad you posted that pic! I love your jewelry too- very pretty!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Love the craftiness. Love the pic of the beautiful worn out moms!!!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I love seeing all the fun things you are doing! You have been so busy doing so many creative things. Have a great week! Let me know about 4th of July weekend.

Rosie Moncrief said...

Tucker is so cute!! I can't wait to hang out again!

Christy Ivory said...

It was a lot different today wasn't it...I hope we can get used to these new changes...I was so happy see your face also.. We do need to get together. Where should we go?? Did you go to the girls thing everyone was talking about?? It sounded like I missed out on a really good time...
Hey!! My friend Emily!! Please give her my blog address I would love to talk to her again. She is having a baby?? Wow!! Tlk to you soon girlfriend...I need to have an American Idol party.

Christy Ivory said...

By the way.....you are so talented!! I love your necklaces... And you also have so many friends that come and go.. It's just you. What can I say, you are just fun to be around.. Catch up later.

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

So what ward are you now? I heard they changed all the names too? Being in a good ward with good friends makes a huge difference. That's partly why we want to move into the valley. Selling is sooo slow. Oh well, some day. I love the necklaces. I need to do something crafty!

Sharlene Enloe said...

Sorry Carter is a bad influence! They are too cute, though.