Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben!!!

Ben turned 29 on December 28th! I know, I'm a little behind, but I wanted to get this posted before it was WAY TOO late! :) I can't believe that we're getting to be such old farts!!! Seriously! One nice thing about having his birthday so close to Christmas is that we are usually with his family and I know that he loves that! Since his birthday was on a Sunday, we went out to dinner with his parents and my family and our good friends, Jason and Cherie Robisch on Saturday night.
We had a great time...
The two lovebirds, Tucker and Carly had to sit next to each other...
This is such a Jason face, I had to post it! :)

Ben didn't know, but I had gotten him a 46 inch LCD TV for his birthday. Well, it was more like a Christmas, Birthday, Graduation, every holiday for the next year present! It is all he has been talking about since we bought our house. I knew that he would NEVER justify spending the money on himself to get one, so I surprised him. I purposely gave him some really lame Christmas presents (although he didn't even notice) like garments and socks and one DVD and a blender-and that was it- so he would just be a teensey disappointed and it would make this birthday present even better! I had everyone head back to our house for ice-cream after dinner and we just happened to be the last ones there. He walked in to see the TV with a big huge red bow on it. I think he was pretty surprised!

Tucker liked the bow and the box the best...

I thought that this one of Carly just chillin' was so cute...

We have been total white trashin' it for the past few weeks. Our old TV is still in the entertainment center and we just have our new one on top. We plan on selling our old TV (if anyone is interested!) and getting a TV stand for the new one. Hopefully soon! But Ben's just been in hog heaven with this new TV and I'm glad that he loves it, he deserves it!!! Although I don't think that this is going to cut down our TV time like I have been wanting to do! I do have to say that watching movies is pretty cool. So far the most that we have watched are movies and football games, which is why I think that Ben wanted the TV in the first place, so it has served its purpose well!! :) Maybe it will save us money since instead of going out to movies, we can just stay home and watch our really COOL TV! :)

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, Ben is so lucky. I wouldn't even get Allen a 300$ monitor which is less than half of what you paid, I'm sure. I'm excited to come see it next time we're up. Big screen tv, a hot tub, you guys are living it up!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Taraka when you buy stuff like that for your husband it really makes the rest of us look bad!!!!! Jason better never hear about this. Happy birthday Ben. If I were there I would sing to you!

Jaime Lynne said...

Princess Taraka, of course I remember you! HELLO!?!?! I've thought about you and Trev over the last few years. Tucker is adorable and I am so happy to see you thriving. Please keep in touch and I'll now start stalking your blog! :)

And come to Vegas so I can scrap with you. You're welcome any time!

Darci said...

What a nice wife you are! A big fancy screen can get you hooked on watching tv and movies a lot. Happy Birthday Ben!