Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More snow...

For those of you who don't know, Spokane has received a record number of snow fall this year. Somewhere near the 70 inch mark just for the month of December. We even made the national news on the 'Today' show! While it has been absolutely gorgeous, I am SO ready to be out of it. It is depressing to think that there could be 2-3 more months of this!!!
Here are some more snow pictures I have taken over the past few weeks:
This is on my way up to my parents house. (no, I was not driving!):)

These were taken on a different day:

Up at my parents house, my dad has been busy with the snow-blower.

Like everyday he is out doing this for hours:

Angie & Nathan were in Mexico for the first major snowfall. Can you tell which two vehicles are theirs? And an extra bonus point if you can even find Nathan's car!

They are recommending that people shovel off their roofs because of all the accumulation on roofs. My dad, my husband, my brother and my brother-in-law all went to work up at my parents house:

The pile once they were done:

And the finished roof:

Angie and Kayla opted just to watch! :)

And how else would a group of guys get off a roof? Especially with a few feet of freshly fallen snow underneath them? Why, jumping off, of course!

Dad went off first:

Then Nathan did a flip off:

Then Jason did a flip off:

Ben opted to slide off on his belly!!! :)

And here they are with the wall of snow that they created that was taller than them!

Here is my parents invisible fence:

And here is a little visitor that my parents had in their backyard! A Moose!

When Ben's parents were visiting, his mother loved the snow! My dad invited us up for a crab dinner and she just had to walk out to the big tree in their back-yard, wearing my dads big snow boots!!

And you can tell how happy she is to be in the snow in this picture:

They finally decided to dig out Nathans car:

We have had a neighbor who has been nice enough to help plow us out a little. We have still had to do plenty of shoveling, but he has done our road and the burm in front of our driveway left by the big city plows.

Here's the pile up in our front yard:

And the view from our front steps:

You will notice that the mail-box is barely poking out of the snow!

Our neighbors tree:

My sister took this of down-town Spokane when she was here. I stole it off of her blog because I thought it was so pretty! Thanks Kayla!

OK, that's all the snow pictures that I will hopefully have this year! And even if we do get more snow, I refuse to take pictures of it!!! :)

8 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Holy cow a real moose...that would be freaky. They are known to charge, I would know too! Can you believe this weather? One minute we are shoveling snow off our roofs and the next we're having flash floods. Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas. I love the picture of Ben modeling your mom's coat. All I could think was, fat guy in a little coat!

Kelli said...

My goodness, can you guys even get your mail?

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Hey GIRL! Love all the snow pictures. I can't believe Spokane has so much snow. I bet the spring run melt is going to crazy. So I have questions about your photography and your availability. Email me at jtharry12@yahoo.com

Darci said...

That is a TON of snow. I can't believe the photos - how beautiful. I have yet to see a moose up close. Hang in there, hopefully you'll get a break soon. Our snow has melted and now flooding.

Anonymous said...

Crazy snow huh! Awesome pictures Taraka, love the moose:)
We shoveled our roof off yesterday. Dave was soaked through with sweat. We have a huge unmovable pile on our driveway. I think a snow blower is an excellent purchase. I hate shoveling!!!

Glad you guys had fun!

Rosie Moncrief said...

A moose!! How neat! (even if they are super mean, haha). It is perfect weather for you to take some awesome pictures with your new camera... just a thought! Wish I was there to go on a Top Model Snow Day Adventure! How fun would that be?!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Its crazy I can't believe it! I love the moose! We always see them when we are on the river in Island park. We only get big horn sheep in our back yard.

Natalie Jane said...

Got to say, I am missing the snow right about now. Though I was out in a t-shirt today :) A Moose?? In Spokane?