Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Grandpas Birthday...

Those of you who know my grandpa, know that he is a fun and wild man. Unfortunately, a few years ago, he had a stroke, and since then has been pretty much bed ridden. The left side of his body still has very little movement. At the end of March, he turned 84 years old! So, my parents, and my two aunts and Tuck, of course, all met up at my grandparents house to celebrate his birthday. It was such a good day! It is still hard for me to see my grandpa like this, he has always been such a fun and lively and strong person my whole life. But such is life, and we have to deal with what we are given, and he is still wonderful! He was still telling his jokes and war stories, just like the grandpa I know and love, so it wasn't too bad.
We just made a day trip out of it, and my darling aunties were there. It is so good going back to my grandparents house. I have so many wonderful memories there. It is just good to be with people who know and love you and I have to say that I have a pretty great family! Those who know my family also know that when we get together, there is bound to be a photo shoot. These photos are just a few of MANY taken that day!

Tucker and Grandpa snuggling
And of course, kissing that bald head of his!
Here we are, all 4 generations... Me, Tuck, my mom and my grandparents
And the three boys that were there that day... my grandpa, my dad and Tucker
...And the Edvalson girls... Aren't they beautiful?
My Auntie Sherri, Auntie Lorraine, my Grandparents, and my Mommy.
My grandpa really liked my hat, and wanted to take a picture with him wearing his army hat. He's so cute!
It was so good spending time with grandpa, and we hope that he has many more birthdays to come!

3 comments:

The Hillman's said...

Hi! I love looking through your blog Tucker is very handsome and I can't wait to see him with his new hair cut (i'm very impressed that you did it). The pictures with you and your Grandpa are so sweet, I love the one with both of you in your hats. We will see you soon and hopefully the weather will warm up so we can go to the park.

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

seeing this really bums me out. would've loved to have been invited, even just to have represented my mother.

Rachel said...

Oh, I loved looking at these picture. Grandpa looks good. I am sad that I didn't get to see him. I have so many memories there as well.