Thursday, April 24, 2008

Saying goodbye to Pa-pa...

My dad is a commercial fisherman in Alaska, so he goes up to Alaska a lot and is usually there about 4-6 months out of the year. Obviously, I have learned to deal with this and it doesn't really affect me anymore (although I still hate to see him go every time) Anyway, I can totally tell that since having grandchildren it has been SO hard for him to leave and say goodbye. Well, he just left for Alaska on Sunday and since the weather was actually nice, we decided to have a little family get together to say goodbye. My parents live right next door to an elementary school, and the boys sure had a fun time.



I love the difference in their faces. Keyton loved the toys...especially the slide. His look is like pure joy, he was having so much fun and has such a cute little smile. Tucker on the other hand was scared to death as he was going down and didn't want to go back.






Even with Pa-pa; he wasn't liking it so much....






And another concerned look. What is wrong with this child?? :)

Why, you might ask, is my child playing in the rocks with so many fun toys surrounding him? Yes, that was his favorite activity. His second favorite? Just running aimlessly in the soccer field next to the toys. My brother had to chase him down a few times.

And here is a cute shot of Allen (brother), Kelli (sis-in-law, obviously)and Keyton (being so serious). I try to be a photographer, sometimes... luckily I had some Guinea pigs on hand that day.


My dad also decided to bust out the fire pit for her maiden voyage this year. Of course, s'mores were involved. Tucker wasn't too interested in actually roasting the marshmallow...


He really just wanted to shove it in his mouth...


until finally, his Auntie Angie let him taste the goodness of the s'more and then he didn't want it to end...


hmmm....I wonder who gets that from???


After that, I couldn't get a marshmallow away from him. He wanted to put everything over the fire.

Good Bye Pa-pa, we will miss you this month!

5 comments:

Madsen Family said...

T-Dog, Tucker not like slides? Shame on him! I'm sad that Pa-Pa has to go back to Alaska, too. Love all the fotos!

jani said...

Tucker reminds me SO much of Bryson- he was always so serious too, but he did LOVE to play on the playground.

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Hey Taraka,
I saw your blog on megan's and thought I would say Hello. You have such a fun family. Congratulations on the little guy. He is such a cutie. I love all the photos at the park. It is funny how kids love the simple things.
Lindi Harry (Jenson)

JAMIE said...

I remember you telling me about your dad's work. SO sad he has to leave. BUt hey, he at least gets to live close. The first time my dad saw our little gal she was 5 months old---and he only saw her again at 9 months. So, pretty much what your dad is going through. YOu are one tuff cookie though--this would be too hard for me.

Stacey said...

Gosh Taraka - your good-bye sounds so permanent :0( ... so sad even though I have been around enough to know that its not permanent... still!!!

It IS nice to see that my children are not the only ones who err on the side of caution... although I guess thats not entirely bad!