Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Never a dull moment with this child...

It has been extraordinarily hot around these parts the past week or so. It has even gotten to the 100's! It was one of those days I didn't feel like going anywhere, so we decided to spend a day at home and made the best of it! We busted out the kiddie pool...
He loves playing with the hose.

Here he is figuring out that he can make the water go anywhere he wants! :)

And figuring out that he can drink from it! YUM!

And then it got him and that was the end of playing with the hose! :)

We decided to head to the trampoline to dry off. I swear the kid would spend every minute of the day on the trampoline if he could. (all of you debating on weather or not to get one, it was the BEST purchase ever, he loves it! I got ours for cheap on craigslist)

I finally got him to smile-normally!

I was so excited I decided to jump on and get in one with him!

After drying off we decided to make pizzas. Tucker helped in every step. Putting on the sauce. (he calls it dip-and would dip his finger in and lick it off.)

And then the cheese and pepperoni.

It was Tuckers lucky day today...Daddy brought home a frog they caught at his office! I wouldn't let him actually hold it, I was afraid he would squish it, and I personally didn't want to see a frog get squished!

Another exciting day we got to Silverwood again, this time with Nathan and Angie (freshly home from their honeymoon!) and Angie's nephew, Max.

We rode the cars...

Tucker and Uncle Nathan even won a toy fishing!

Tucker wasn't a huge fan of the rides, not as much as I thought he'd be, but he rode a few of the little ones with Max. Nathan took him on a bigger ride (non life-threatening, of course) and Tucker held on to him for dear life the whole time. But when it was done I asked him if he had fun and he said 'Yes!', so who knows?!

I got to take him on the bumper boats, one of my personal favorites...

We also rode the train, again!

But we spent most of our time at the water park side. (which I didn't take any pictures of) And at the end of the day, we had two very happy (and very tired) boys!

I guess the only other things we've (well, I've) been doing to occupy my time are watching the Olympics and reading 'Breaking Dawn'. Here are a few pictures I found to prove that.

Yes, I did go to a Twilight Midnight Party at Barnes & Noble. :) And yes I did run into a few of my Young Women there! :) I mainly went out of peer pressure! :) I really had no intention of reading it that night (in fact, I still haven't finished it, I know, I'm bad), I just used it as a good excuse for a girls night out. :) And Yes, those are "I love Edward' stickers on my chest! :)

So we have had a pool membership this summer at a pool that a lot of our friends are members of--it has been so much fun! And getting into the Olympic spirit, we had some swimming races the other night. Ben was determined to win the Gold of Chester Hills Pool! And that turned into a 'feats of strength' contest as it so often does with Ben! (including chicken fights) :)

I am getting a bad rap with my friends around here, after every picture I take they tell me I can't 'blog it' until I have their approval! :) Seriously you guys, I don't have a blogging problem! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taraka you are absolutely the funnest mom and friend. I just love reading about your adventures with Tucker.

Just finished "Breaking Dawn" last night it was a thrill. I loved the series and plan to go to the midnight showing of the movie on Nov. 21st. Are you in? It's going to be so fun!

Check out Stephanie Meyers website for her latest work coming soon, called "Midnight Sun," it's Edwards version of the story. She has the first chapter available. It's going to be good.

When's the next luncheon?

:) Tiff

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I hope you know Olivia is going to want to play in that pool of yours. She is also going to follow Tucker around like shes his best friend. I hope hes prepared. I can't wait to see them together. I agree you are the funnest mom around!!!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I love that you take so many pictures.  It is the perfect way to remember the summer.  I love the pictures of Tucker playing in the water.  I love when they get themselves wet on accident and they give you that surprised look.  Precious! 

Rosie Moncrief said...

7 days baby!! 7 days!! And it will be double the trouble when both of have our cameras together! hee hee! YOu know this may sound dorky but you should watch America's Next Top Model. I've learned so much about photography and posing... who knew...

Christy Ivory said...

Taraka,
It looks like you are having such a good time this summer. The midnight party looked like a lot of fun. I guess I should start reading those books. I have heard so much about them.
Tucker is so cute.
Talk to you soon.
Christy

Sharlene Enloe said...

Seriously you do need to check with us before posting pictures. I look so disgusting in the breaking dawn picture. You are the best mom by the way. I can't believe the cute things you do with just Tucker!

Kiley said...

I was totally there for the Breaking Dawn release party - didn't even see you! It was a mad house. It would have been fun to run into you. I still haven't finished either - so close though!

Stacey said...

Two things....
How did you get that perfect picture of Tucker squirting himself with those hose!!! PRICE-LESS!!!!

And... take your time reading the book! I had to rush it while I was in Spokane... and actually didn't really like it as well as the others. I need to read it again when I have more than 4 days! Too much pressure!!!