Monday, August 4, 2008

I will Survive...

How any woman has survived being a mother to an almost 2 year old is astonishing to me. Tuckers favorite phrases right now are:
'Want that, want that, want that...' and
'Right NOW'
I am very patiently trying to teach him to always say 'please' and 'thank-you' which is very hard at times. He's had to spend a considerable amount of time in time-out lately; and 'sorry mama' is quickly becoming an automatic response of his when I even just look at him. This child will be the death of me, I swear.
He seriously thinks that he runs the show around here, I have to constantly remind myself that I am the one in charge here.
Good thing he's so darn cute, or I would have told him to hit the bricks a few times this week. :)
Here he is with his new friend, Will. Needless to say they had a pretty good time playing in the dirt and eating yummy Oreo Popsicles. (the combination of the two, not so good)

I walked into the living room to find Tucker seriously just chillin' on Ben while watching Barney and eating a cookie. Its a rough life.

So sometimes when I am putting Tucker down for his nap in the afternoon and it is hot, I don't put his shorts on after I change his diaper. I just let him sleep in his diaper and a shirt. I figure its a little cooler and a lot more comfortable. Well, after church on Sunday we all took a little afternoon nap. Ben woke up to Tucker yelling in his crib (while I was soundly asleep). Ben walks into Tuckers room to find that he had taken off his diaper and smeared poop all over his crib. He also took off his diaper today during his nap, luckily there was no #2, only #1. Note to self: don't let Tucker sleep in just his diaper anymore. Lets hope he doesn't learn how to take off his shorts.

7 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

It sounds like he needs to borrow Olivia's shirt that says, "Mom thinks shes in charge!". There are days that that is so true. These little people can be awfuly bossy!!! Sorry to hear about the poop. I really hope I never get to that stage. Little monsters!!

April said...

oh you have no idea...I am struggling with Kenzie too- she can be a little brat if you want my honest opinion- and then the next moment she is this little sweety- my patience has been tested quite a bit lately- so good luck- no poopy crib for me yet- maybe boys are just a little more curious...Little tucker...or Big Tucker I should say- what a cute chunk he is! How much does that boy weigh?

Madsen Family said...

Somehow Will has already figured out how to take off his diaper. YIKES! I am sure glad that I learned through your experience to NEVER put him to sleep without a onesie or at least some shorts! That must have been some fun clean-up time. I am sorry that Tucker can give you the stink-eye at times. I am praying that since Will has been such a high-maintenance baby that he will be a dream of a toddler. I can always dream, right?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my this is so funny! Welcome to motherhood:) All of my kids have had a poo experience. Mike took his diaper off and wiped his bum with his curtains. Sarah took her diaper off and her and Mike ran their matchbox cars through the poo. Kaitlyn pooped in the bath tub several times and has peed on her carpet numerous times. William pooped on a hotel room floor. Right after Dave and I said, "What a crappy hotel room." It was like he was telling the room what he thought.

Kids are so fun! I can't help but laugh at their curiosity. Good luck keeping the diaper on now!

Oh and thanks for the comment on my fitness blog. Dave thought I should start one and try to help people. I hope it's not too cheezy.

Ciao Bella!

:) Tiff

Emily Carl said...

Baraka, Baraka Boo...you and Ben have such a cute boy! I cant believe TJ got married at Mt. Spokane! I cannot believe you are so fabulous with all of your professional pics! I loved sitting on the couch reading with you (good thing neither one of us is socially challenged)** I think I have found my dear ADD counterpart. I just love you! Thanks for hanging out with the Tysons and the Carls!
Em

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Did you finish the book?!!