Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wedding Festivities...

08/08/08- Angie & Nathans Grand Wedding Adventures!
Well, the wedding has come and gone and it seems to have gone by so fast! I can't believe it! We have had so many great friends and family in town the last few days, its been a blast! The Events started on Wednesday morning when Kayla and Jason flew in from Utah. We literally took them straight from the airport to the lake! We spent the day on the lake with family and friends and had a great time...
(If you aren't interested in seeing many many pictures of our family, you can stop right now! :) Seriously, there are like 20 pictures to follow...)
Wednesday: Lake day/Bachelorette Party

{the party can now start}

{the boys doing some wake surfing}

{this is Tuckers new favorite spot on the boat, I don't know how to rid him of that 'smile' face}

{Kayla wake-boarding}

{so he was sitting next to Amanda (Angie's friend, and bridesmaid) and all of the sudden she looks down and his head was falling! He had fallen fast asleep while leaning next to her, and she had to hold his head up for a while like that, poor boy!}

{All the family that was there-we all got a little toasted for the big day.}

That night Angie had a little bachelorette party-don't worry, nothing risque! :)

{this is the only picture I will post of the gifts she received: A black pleather rain coat! :)}

{We really just sat around the fire and made s'mores and chatted all night, it was great!}

{The Campbell Girls, once again; and Jolee! :)}

Thursday was the family dinner/Bowling night! I think traditionally its the rehearsal dinner, but there's not too much to rehearse with a Temple sealing, so it was just a great excuse to get all of our families together! We had it at Camp Caro and they have this great little park area, and playground and a lodge with a kitchen and eating space, it was perfect! Plus with my dads cooking, you can't go wrong! We were going to have this great family photo shoot, but I don't know what I was thinking because we were all so distracted by family and friends there that it didn't really happen. So I just snapped a few really quick.

{All the Campbell kids}

{Allen, Kelli & Keyton}

{The Lovely Kayla & Jason}

{And this is the entire(almost) Campbell clan; we had family fly down from Alaska for the wedding, so we had to take a picture. This picture includes my dads brother and his family and my cousins and their families}

{This is where these boys were all night, having a grand ol' time}

Next it was off to the bowling alley. My dad had reserved it for the night, so after dinner, we were all able to bowl to our hearts desires!!!

{Serious bowling faces}

{once he saw everyone else bowling, Tucker had to get in on the action}

{and of course, Keyton couldn't be left out-its not so easy bowling while holding a child}

{My cousin, Calen, from Alaska}

{We finally got this really cool thing (not really sure what it is) so Tucker could just roll the ball right down and it would actually make it to the pins! :)}

{He LOVED this thing, look at that face, I think it says it all!}

{Kayla & Ben}

{My dad & Cousin, Trinidy}

{Kayla & my Aunt Kathy}

Ben was happy because he is friends with a lot of Nathans friends that had come in town for the wedding. Have I told you how my husband hates his picture taken, so whenever I actually get one, I have to cherish it! Even if it does look like this:

{Typical picture of him & Johnny! I try to stay away when these two are together!:)}

{me, Kelli, Angie, Brenda & Kayla}

{OK, so I had to take this picture because Ben left about a half an hour before all of us did, to take Tucker home and put him to bed, and as I was getting ready to leave, I noticed his shoes AND socks still lying on the bowling alley floor! He just left and went home and left them both on the floor!!! I was dying! I can not tell you how many times a day I find his socks and shoes (mainly smelly socks) behind or under things! I took this picture as proof of what my daily life is like!! :)}

Friday-The BIG Day!

{Here they are coming out of the Temple!}

{And the families}

{These are our good friends, Ryan & Stephanie. Luckily we had them to hang out with while we were waiting outside the Temple. (So what else is there to do than a photo shoot?) :) Stephanie is one of Tuckers girlfriends, he loves her and she loves him! :) Steph, this one is for you, because I thought it turned out so good of you guys! (you're not even squinty!-I'll e-mail it to you.)}

The reception was at a beautiful lake house on Hayden lake. It is owned by a family in our stake who were nice enough to let Angie & Nathan use it for their reception-it was perfect!

{All the Campbell kids, once again-not the greatest pictures, just ones that were snapped really quick. Their colors were blue and green, and Kayla was a bridesmaid and all the boys had matching ties. Oh, and by the way, no, I'm not pregnant! Nobody told me the day of that my dress made me look that way except my aunt who was probably the only person brave enough to ask me if I was! :) Good thing it was WAY comfortable all day!}

{the original Campbell's}

{Uncle Nathan with his nephews}

{And our little family}

{They had a little ring ceremony, so this is Nathan with his 2 groomsmen, Ryan and Tyler.}

{You could find Tucker by the candy bar all night during the reception.}

{And once the music started, these boys danced the night away!}

{The Cake-that Angie's sister made, by the way!}

{I thought that this was a cute picture of Kayla, Jason, Angie & Nathan!}

{our friends, the Guys and the Enloes}

{When he wasn't by the candy bar, he was by the water, playing in the sand.}

{And these are our friends, Jordan and Natalie, and their little guy, Jace who is so cute! We hadn't seen them since Jace was like 4 months old! Tucker loved Jordan, it was so cute!}

So at about, 8:00 it started to get really windy and I looked up and there was a definite storm coming. Within like 20 minutes it was raining and really really windy! We all had to rush to get everything cleaned up and inside. It was perfect timing though, a good way to get everyone to go on their merry way! :)

{And here they are, a 'new family' as they kept on putting it in the Temple-so cute! We love you guys!}

Luckily these past few days since the wedding, I've had the Olympics and Edward Cullen to help me rest and recover! :) Seriously, all of the wedding activities got in the way of my reading time, so I haven't finished the book, and I L-O-V-E the Olympics and am always glued to the couch when they are on, and church was cancelled on Sunday because like half of our stake is infected with a virus, brought out by Girls Camp, so I really haven't even left the house since Sunday! :) Its a rough life! :)

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

LOVED all the pictures. Sounds and looks like you're having a blast. You look great as always. I miss ya.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

It looks like the wedding was great! You guys always have so much fun when you get together. I can't wait to be part of the fun fun fun!! Please be over the sickness when we get there. Gross.

DaNae said...

I love all of the Campbells! It was good to see you and all your fam!

Madsen Family said...

Holy BUSY-ness, Terry. I think you deserve two whole weeks of couch vegging--and luckily, that's how long the Olympics are. I, too, am enjoying Edward and the Olympics....love them both. You better get well-rested so we can party in exactly ONE WEEK! I'm glad that the wedding festivities turned out so well. Looks like fun was had by all!

Steph said...

all of your pictures are so good! And thanks for capturing that one of us (not squinting)! I'm so glad you've had Edward and the Olympics to help you get rested!! We hope to see you guys, soon!

Rosie Moncrief said...

TWO WEEKS ISH AND I GET TO STAY WITH YOU!!!!! I am so excited, you do not even know!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

The funny thing about Ben leaving his socks and shoes everywhere is Jason has the same problem. I even started a pile for him on the stairs. When he just kept walking past them I asked him to clean it up. It was like he was 5 and getting in trouble. Where did they learn this?

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Wow talk about wedding season in Spokane. Congratulations to your growing family. It is so fun seeing family getting married in the temple. We are so lucky to have the temple. Glad to see Tucker is getting his rest during all the festivities! :)

Holly said...

Looked at all the pictures. Really cute. Here are my thoughts as I'm reading your post-
-you seem like you have a really fun, happy family.
-Tucker's facial expressions crack me up every time.
-Beautiful wedding dress. Loved it.
-Gorgeous cake. Looked yummy too.
-Your dad looks like Joey Fatone...or whatever that NSYNC guy's name is.

...and yes, i'm writing at 2:30 in the morning. I was sick of tossing and turning-decided to go blog read:)

Anonymous said...

So exciting!! I love weddings. I bet your parents are glad to have it all over. Little Tucker was is so cute in the pictures, especially the one of him in the sand in his nice clothes, so typical of boys.

I am reading the Twilight series, too. I am in book 2 and can't stay away from them. I am trying to convince my sister-in-laws to read them. My mother-in-law loves them.

Okay, so when the movie comes out, if there is a midnight showing I am getting a big group to go.

Do you want to get together for lunch next week when Jess arrives?

:) Tiff

Sharlene Enloe said...

I loved looking at all the pictures of the whole wedding journey. Seriously, so awesome. I look terrible in every picture you take of me, though. Yuck, I'm going to have to ban any pictures of me making it to your blog!