Wednesday, September 10, 2008

End of Summer Blues...

So I was looking through my pictures and thought I'd post some of our last days of summer that I'd forgotten about. The Spokane Shock (Spokane's Arena Football Team) ended up making it to the Championships and had the Championship game here in Spokane. It was really fun! Tucker, my sister-in-law, Angie, my mom and I were even all on the news. They were interviewing the guy who sits in front of us at the games who is a crazy fanatic fan, so we were just in the background being dumb. But still, we were on the news that night! :) Angie and I both happened to wearing green, and didn't realize that the other teams colors were green and white. We were the only ones wearing green in a sea of orange and blue. oops!

I kept on trying to get Tucker to look at me for a picture, but he just wanted to watch the game! He loved it! It was a really fun game and came down to a one point difference (unfortunately, The Shock didn't win) but it was SO loud!

They were giving out these megaphones, and Tucker was loving it!
How come I love this guy so much?

We also went to the lake with our good friends, the Enloes. We love the Enloes! Their daughter, Olivia (who is 4 and about the same size as Tucker) loves Tucker and Tucker loves Olivia! She is probably one of the funniest girls I've ever met, never a dull moment with her! :) There is a restaurant on the lake out by their cabin, Shooters, so we went there for dinner and these two just ran around and around and around the table ALL night!

The next day we went out on the lake and had a great day! Thanks so much you guys!



Here they are again.

By the end of the day, we had some pretty worn out kids. All of them looked like this on the boat ride back to the cabin.

Another reason we are sad to have the summer end is because we have going to the park to enjoy Hawaiian shaved ice as often as we can! We will sure miss those delicious treats!

As much as I love the summer, I ALSO love the fall and SO look forward to bundling up and going to Greenbluff and carving pumpkins and all the beautiful fall colors and wonderful smells. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place that has four very different and distinct and beautiful seasons! Our summer has been wonderful and busy and down-right exhausting some days, and we are grateful for our family and friends with whom we get to enjoy our lives with!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Spokane really is a great place to live, isn't it? I too really love fall there-so pretty. The best thing to do in the fall for me was early morning walks on the trail with Isaac and Amy Frost and her daughter. Something about walking in the brisk air with the falling leaves-so fun. Also early morning this time of year on the trail we often saw a moose, a coyote a couple of times (literally 5 feet from us), and a million rabbits. Good times... You're so lucky you live close to that trail!

April said...

Taraka- I love being your friend. I just want to see you and laugh with you. I love seeing pictures of your little guy- I will up in Spokane here in a couple weeks- let's get together.

What lake are you boating at? Looks really familiar? Is that Hayden?

Rosie Moncrief said...

motzumoto's was my favortie thing about hawaii!!!! went there everyday! glad you guys had so much fun at the lake and being on tv at the football game!!!! very cool!