Thursday, September 4, 2008

So Long, Summer...

Traditionally, here in the Northwest, Labor day weekend is the official end of the summer. Sad, but true, the time has already come and gone and it is definitely turning into Fall outside. I seriously can't believe how literally, on September 1st, the weather changed and it was Fall! Luckily for us, our Summer went out with a bang this year! My best friend from Jr. High, (yes, that's right, Jr. High-14 years ago!) Cookie, came up to visit from Utah with her daughter, Olivia; mom, Tonie; and little sister, Rosie. I love them all so much! It was a blast! They turned our basement into the Moncrief Hotel and I couldn't have been happier to have them here! I still miss them! Our other best-friend from Jr. High, Jessy was also in town from New York visiting her family for a few weeks, and so of course we had a little reunion. Here are me, Cookie and Jessy.


I still love these girls! I can not tell you how fun it was being all together again! The last time we were all together was at Jessy's wedding reception in Utah, 8 years ago!

I especially loved getting to know these two little ones:

Jessy's little guy, Baby Will: ('Baby Whheeel' as Tucker says)



And Cookies gorgeous little one, Olivia:


We had a little reunion with girls that we grew up with. We went to the park and had a picnic. It was great to catch up with everyone.

Tiffany, Jessy, Rosie, Cookie, Erica and me.


Tucker was showing off the whole time Olivia was here. It was so funny, when they first got here and he saw Olivia crawling, we told him to show her how to walk so he started like Marching around her, walking with his legs really high. It was really funny, he has never done this before, but walked so he was right next to Olivia, put one arm on the coffee table, and one arm on the couch and just hung there for a few seconds, his face turning red and all-I was dying !Here he is showing Cookie and Olivia how high he can jump. Such a show off.


But who wouldn't want to show off for this cute girl!!! :) Who is also like the best baby ever! Seriously, so cute, so easy, so close to walking, so much FUN!



They kind of fought like brother and sister some of the time, but the two were fast friends! :) Tucker even held her bottle for her in the car one night! Now that's love!


And of course when all of us get together, there has to be a photo shoot.

Here are Meg, Jessy and Tonie. (Cookie and Rosies mom)


And Cookie and I.


Lots of posing and lots of being silly!


Rosie, Me, Cookie, Jessy and Meg-I love these girls, I seriously can't believe its been so long, it kind of felt like we were 13 year olds all over again! :)


We headed downtown to Riverfront Park one day to visit the garbage goat, (by far the coolest attraction in Spokane) and we lucked out and discovered that 'Pig out in the Park' was happening, so we got to partake of lots of yummy food! The garbage goat sucks up garbage in his mouth.


We ended the weekend with the best BBQ ever- thanks to Erica and Jeff! They have the cutest kids and Jeff made the best hamburgers! We even got to help Alyssa pick out her outfit for her first day of kindergarten-we were so lucky!


The weekend was perfect! It was so much fun having them here. Tucker just asked me, 'Baby Olivia go home?' after he saw her picture on the computer. I could tell he was missing her, just like I am. Ben even sent them off in style by backing into their parked car in our driveway on their last night here! It was great--we really know how to treat our guests while they're here! :) I think that he was secretly trying to keep them here longer, since he obviously enjoyed the company so much! :) Luckily Tonie is like the sweetest, most understanding person in the world, and did her best to not make Ben feel bad, even though he felt awful about it! So anyway, thanks so much for coming you guys, seriously, we need to do it again, REAL soon!

5 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Terry, I am glad you blogged about it so very well and have such great pictures. I was thinking I would just steal your pictures for when I write my post, but I thought instead I will just put a link to your blog!!!! We did have fun and I am STILL sad that I didn't get to see your parents and I am sorry we didn't get to see each other on Tuesday. It's just always crazy at the Spear house. I didn't get nearly enough of Taraka and Tucker as I wanted. I guess you just need to come out and visit again:) LOVE ya and MISS ya!

Rosie Moncrief said...

I love how everyone has the same photos!!!! Although I'm not posting mine until I get all my Ireland pics up!! Miss you guys!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I am so glad you all had such a great time! I love all the pictures of the kids. It is so funny to think that we are all having kids and having such a great time doing it! (Most days) We are so lucky to be so blessed.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

We had the best time with everyone!! Next time it has to be longer. I'm sure Ben would love that sooo much. Olivia gets excited everytime she sees pictures of Tucker. Can you blame her! We miss you guys so you better come see us soon.

Toni said...

I'll just say that it's Perfect at the Pypers. Taraka is the hostess of all time. Tucker is a super entertainer. Ben has this fabulous sense of humor along with true grit to have survived four nights of women chatting their heads off. I'm so grateful to have had at least a brief one-on-one moment with each person. During the drive back to SLC I had plenty of time to reflect on how happy this group had been. All so busy and none without problems. But their happiness was evident and none of earths trials could overshadow that. I thought of all their comments and realized the importance of five elements in their lives: Faith, repentance, learning from the scriptures, personal prayer, and listening to the prophets. I appreciate all that I learned during this journey. Thanks so much for letting me have a little place there.